1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out burger chain expands ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I hope you're right, but I have to be realistic. Otherwise, I'd go insane

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

OK, they have a 5 Guys burger place down here in Florida, and a Red Robin. Any thoughts on which place I should try first? They're very close to each other.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Five Guys started in the DC area. I'm pretty sure it was sold and that's why it's been expanding to so many new locations. IMHO the quality has gone down since expansion and quality varies from location to location. They have free peanuts to shell,snack and fill up on while you're waiting for your order, too.

As for In-N-Out, I'm a fan. The first time I went, I dragged a friend with me. I loved it, she didn't. To add insult to injury, her hands smelled like burger for DAYS. She showered several times, constantly washed her hands, used hand lotion, etc.but 3 days later - her hands still smelled like burgers. Totally bizarre.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That In-N-Out story sounds Seinfeld-esque

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I once thought In-N-Out was the best burger in the known universe. I still think it's the best fast-food burger. But Opie Taylor's in Bloomington, Indiana is a glorious feast.

I had a period a few years ago where I was pretty addicted to 4x4s at In-N-Out. After a couple months of that, had to go in for gall bladder surgery.

And:

http://supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20060125050438458

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

red robin is good, and don't forget to ask for a flat on your beak special.

7. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

In N Out is without dispute one of the top five hamburgers ever created.
    Tommy's, Big Boy, Fatbruger and Fuddruckers can fill out the top five in any order on any given day.
    In N Out blows them all away with two words: animal style. Order one next time and tell me I'm wrong.

8. CaliforniaRed

CaliforniaRed Member

Fuddruckers?

You've got to be kidding me... that place sucks.

In-in-Out might not be the best burger but it's clearly the best fast food burger and in the conversation for all-time best.

I've been meaning to go to FO in Santa Monica ... a place to be on the lookout for is called The Counter.
    There's one in Santa Monica and the owners sold out so somebody could make it a chain. It's delicious.

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Tommy's is sick.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I finally rolled into an In/Out a couple years back, wasn't impressed. Their T-shirts are pretty cool though. Living in the Northwest, we have Burgerville which put other fast food joints to shame.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think in-n-out is pretty darn good, but no, dan, it's no burgerville.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I think The Counter is overpriced for what you get. I do like the variety, and the people-watching is top-notch.

If you're in the mood for Italian and starfucking, go about a block or so west to Vito for lunch. Ed O'Neill/Al Bundy eats there almost every day for lunch. Same side of the street as The Counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted