1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I did a google search and found some minor wrestling sites reporting that Joe had indeed re-signed with TNA through 2011.

However, I haven't seen it on any of the "big" ones like Wrestling Observer or Torch or anything Pro Wrestling Insider or anything like that. Any Wrestling Observer subscribers on here that can confirm or deny that?

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Yeah, 'Hogan' and 'job' rarely go in the same sentence. At the same time, it's hard to sell him beating (or keeping up with) anyone because of all his knee problems. Meanwhile, you have a guy like Flair (who is older than Hogan) who doesn't have the best-looking body by any means but can still move around the ring a little bit and have a semi-decent match.

That should be another clear message for the younger guys to stay off drugs. If they don't kill you, they'll make it so you can barely move when you hit 50.

3. I love ROH, but that statement is so wrong I'm not quite sure where to begin.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Not a WON subscriber, but PWInsider.com did report (Mike Johnson, I think) that he was signed up through 2010 or 2011. There have been some conflicting things out there, but that's the nature of following pro wrestling. You don't really know, you know? ;D

5. Why is that?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A lot of wrestlers could hang with Joe and Punk in a match (Michaels, Edge, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Orton), but the WWE insists that they wrestle a certain style, which they all conform to.

It's pretty unfortunate, because a mix of styles can make for some exciting wrestling, instead of the same formulaic matches.

7. I don't disagree with that, but if Punk and Joe faced off in WWE, they've worked together so often, that a match between those two would just flow. The only person I think that would have given Joe a top-notch match was Benoit, and obviously that is never going to happen. Benoit makes everyone better and there is no better example of that than MVP. WWE stuck those guys together for a reason and it worked wonders for MVP.

8. Joe vs Shelton Benjamin would be tremendous.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

More bad news for Jeff Hardy from Wrestling Observer.com. His house in Cameron, NC, burned down to the ground and he lost everything he owned, including his pet dog.

It said Hardy and his girlfriend weren't there when the fire happened.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If The Undertaker could carry Batista to a match of the year worthy battle last year, I'm pretty sure him and Joe could tear the roof off.

Also some good possibilities in Shelton, Edge, MVP, Chavo, Finlay, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, and Flair.

11. Don't forget HBK and Jericho and Carlito... see my point?

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I was just speaking on the SD!/ECW brand.

But even Joe/Umaga would work. Umaga can really wrestle for a big guy. Way better than Mark Henry, Khali, Kane, Big Daddy V, Festus, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted