1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/13/08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

That was a nice red herring with the Panda making you think Jin was trying to get to the hospital. I like him a lot. I sure hope he's still alive with the others on the island and the headstone is just a front.

Overall, a good episode.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well:

There are six survivors that get off the island.

We know: Saed, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sun get home. And the trailer after last weeks episode said the final survivors are revealed. This indicates Jin gets off the island.

Sidenote: Did Kate name her baby Aaron, or does Claire die too and kate takes the baby? Now if you chose the latter, do you consider Aaron's fetus to be a survivor of the flight? If so he can be no. 6. Also, if that happens, that would mean claire, and jin dont get off the island.

Sidenote 2: If I am wrong, who takes Jins place? I have no clue here. Obviously Desmond and Juliett don't count, Locke wont leave because he can now walk. Rose and her husband wont leave. Sawyer indicated a desire to stay. So who else is there. All the other good characters are dead.

The sixth survivor to come home is honestly between: Claire, Jin, Aaron (if the fetus is technically a survivor), maybe Michael or Walt.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I keep forgetting Kate is pregnant. I think mustang nailed down some interesting points. As I was running through the names tonight, I also had trouble figuring out who else even wanted to leave the island. They've killed off lots of people.

I'd like to see Jin and Claire survive. And that's possible. Claire would be No. 6. Jin wouldn't count because, apparently, his gave might be faked. Perhaps because he was wanted in his homeland? Or maybe he's actually gone.

Also, what are we to make of these mysterious Zack and Emma characters? I can scarcely remember them.

4. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Kate isn't pregnant. They established that already.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Last week's promo said the "final member of the Oceanic Six" will be revealed. The promo prior to the episode where Aaron was revealed as Kate's baby said another member of the Oceanic Six would be revealed. Since Aaron was the only new survivor in that episode, I took it to mean he was one of the six.

If that's the case, your six are: Sayid, Sun, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Aaron. We also know Ben is off the island.

I've got to say that if the writers of this show manage to pull all of the shit that's happened in this show together, make it all make sense and not leave a couple of big-ass holes, this thing will have to go down as one of the greatest shows in TV history. Take a second and really think about the complexity of this story the way they've told it. Think about all the crazy stuff that they've got to explain -- the polar bear, the smoke monster, the back-from-the-dead people, all of the weird connections between the survivors, the time travel, etc.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Also, to put to rest whatever little doubt there is left on whether Jin's stuff was a flashback or flashforward, the shopkeeper stated that it was the Year of the Dragon.

The last Year of the Dragon was in 2000-01. There won't be another until 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year#New_Year_dates

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

After getting addicted to The Wire, shit like Jin's red herring drives me absolutely bat-shit insane. Great season, and otherwise great episode, but there has to be a better way to pull that off - that was literally 10 minutes of nothing but him buying toys and going to a hospital.

It's going to be maddening to sit through that episode when I go back through and rewatch everything on DVD when the series is over.

Even if his flashback would've had some sort of relevance to present island goings-on, it would've made it more palatable.

8. Fantastic research. Settles that.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Well, other than simply as a curveball to the viewer, the Jin flashback showed us a glimpse of "good" Jin, before he became a strongman for Sun's father. His "I will kill you" to the person who took his taxi was comical, not threatening.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Did they? Or did she just say she wasn't pregnant? I can't remember.

Seems like "the last member of the Oceanic Six" has to be either Michael or Aaron (though I'm still trying to figure out how they make that story work; I guess Claire would have been "one of the two people who survived the crash but died on the island" and gave birth while still alive?)

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

She told Sawyer she's not pregnant. But I never got the impression she was telling him the truth. And how do we know that Ben made it off the island? I don't recall that. But I admit I haven't been watching that closely at this point.

12. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

what about the person in the casket, who jack visits at that funeral home in the first episode of this season? did i miss something? could that be an oceanic six survivor who died upon returning?

Draft saved Draft deleted