1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It'd be sad to watch him take the big payday to get screwed over and relegated to what passes for ECW these days, simply because he doesn't fit into WWE's mold of how a guy should wrestle.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoyed Jericho's book too, and I have a feeling he'll come out with a sequel someday, with his WWE stories.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

You can find it between $10-15 on ebay. From what I've heard, it's the best wrestling book ever written. I'm excited to read it and see how it compares to Foley's first.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate dealing with ebay. I've been scammed by them twice now, and won't do business with that site. But at least I got my money back both times.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've mentioned it before: I got it for Christmas and started and finished it in about four days. Great, great read. I was at my local library the other day and noticed they had it on their new arrival shelf, so if you don't want to shell out the bucks, maybe look in your library to see if they have it.

But, I have to say that ever since I finished it the first time, I still find myself three months later picking it up and just reading random chapters when I have some free time. That, my friends is the sign of a book worth buying.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I would put it up there with "Have A Nice Day!" as the best wrestling books, but I'd also add "Pure Dynamite" by Tom Billington to the top.

Those three are the best wrestling books I've ever read.

BTW, just finished reading Roddy Piper's (found it for $3 at Hasting's in paperback). Funny book, but there are places where, as I expected, he's full of shit.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I'm not sure if any of had a chance to ESPN's article on Mayweather-Show match but it's pretty funny, especially Larry Holmes' quote. I'm hoping he wasn't serious about it, otherwise I think there needs to be a regulation to ban Heavyweight boxers from fighting after the age of 35.
    Holmes' quote is at the bottom.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3281359

8. If you want to get an idea how crazy TNA's booking is, the Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin), probably the best tag team today not named the Briscoe Brothers (ROH) lose a match tonight to fucking Rellik and Black Reign (Dustin Rhodes). Rellik and fucking Golddust. This is why I rarely watch TNA.

9. KYSportsWriter

Rellik?

... Who?

10. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Rellik is Johnny the Bull.

11. KYSportsWriter

Still no clue who it is....

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Johnny Stamboli (might be misspelled). He was with WCW in the absolute dying days of it (w/O'Haire, Palumbo, Mike Sanders, etc.) and did a short stint with WWE. Rellik (killer spelled backward) has a cool look with that face mask thing, but that's it. The Motor City Machine Guns have the talent, but this is TNA so they've made their bed and they're having to lay in it.

By the way, is Sting still with them or not?

Draft saved Draft deleted