1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Anyone gotten any confirmation on Stupid-Ass Hardy's drug of choice?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

With the acne he's had on his face recently, I vote meth.

I miss these guys :)
    [​IMG]

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just like Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke is one of the most underused talents on the roster. His mic skills are superb, and his in-ring work has gotten better and better since he was called up.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Many sources have said it's not steriods...plus, look at him. Hardy had a lengthy meeting with Vince and was said to be visibly upset afterwards. Technically, according to their Wellness Policy, the WWE could still continue to use Hardy but they feel so strongly about rehab that they will hold him out of WM. Still, Hardy has consistantly refused to enter rehab even with the company completely covering the costs.

Former TNA star Chris Harris debuted for WWE, losing to Shelton in a dark match before the SD taping. Ron Killings is expected to debut shortly after WrestleMania.

Also, 24 man battle royal confirmed for WM featuring superstars from all 3 brands. Immediatly after, the winner will face Chavo for the ECW Title. It's a four hour show, but you have to think 9 matches will be it.

5. No chance in hell it's steroids. Why does everyone think every single wrestler on this planet uses roids? Has anyone seen how rail thin some of the guys are in ROH? Those guys are mostly based on their in-ring workrate.

Anyway, I bet Hardy was caught with RVD's tobacco of choice. I remember seeing somewhere that was the reason for his first suspension. You have to given Vince some kind of credit here, but as someone mentioned earlier, no chance in hell Trips gets suspended for any kind of drug use.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

Samoa Joe apparently is wrestling Kurt Angle for the title at Lockdown and said at the Impact tapings that if he doesn't win the title, he's done with TNA.

I haven't heard whether he finally signed a contract extension or not. They've been playing off it in a storyline, but from what I understood, he hadn't signed a legit contract, either.

Does anyone know whether he did? Is this going to finally be the time they give him the torch?

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

That's funny.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

9. I hope Joe has saved up enough of his money so that he could go back to ROH for a little while. The fact he hasn't held the title in TNA is a joke. One of the reasons he stopped working ROH was because TNA was supposed to put the title on him. That and ROH's PPV deal squashed TNA wrestlers from being on ROH. I'd say it's just part of the storyline, but who the hell knows.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Hoping for one of two conclusions here:

1.) Samoa Joe wins the strap and becomes the face of TNA.

2.) He doesn't win the strap, leaves TNA and shuns WWE in favor of ROH. Nobody's properly served by Samoa Joe signing with WWE and getting stuck in a going-nowhere angle on Smackdown against Chuck Palumbo or 'Youmanga.'

11. Except, you know, for Joe's financial well-being.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Was in Barnes & Noble on my supper break looking for a gift for a friend when I came upon Jericho's book. I sat down for about 20 minutes and read through some of it, and it's pretty damned good. The pictures he paints and the stories he tells are amazing.

If it weren't $26 and I wasn't searching for a gift (which I didn't find), I would've sprung for it. I may go back when I get my tax refund and pick it up. What little I read was damned good.

Draft saved Draft deleted