1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D-League writers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Dec 29, 2007.

1. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

You are correct, sir. As of now, players who are in the D League who have NBA contracts can only be in their first or second year in the NBA. After that, they cannot be sent down. There have been discussions about third-year players, but the Players' Association would have to agree and they would want something in return. The truth is, some of the third-year NBA players are only 22 and could certainly use the experience. I think this will eventually be the threshhold.

2. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

No, they got rid of all the southeastern teams.
    Basically all the teams that began the league are gone.
    I was just in Asheville on Wednesday and my brother was telling me the story of when he covered an Altitude game in the archaic Asheville Civic Center.
    They needed to get rid of all the original teams - the attendance numbers were pathetic.

I remember covering the original D-League training camp in Suwanee, Ga. The first draft was held there - Chris Andersen was the first overall pick.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Kind of off-topic just wondering, would any paper staff a Globetrotters appearance a feature?

Draft saved Draft deleted