1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This weather sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ARD

ARD Member

Today: high of 70; thunderstorms
    Tomorrow: high of 42; snow showers

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

High 60s/low 70s here yesterday. Spent most of the day on the back porch w/ the laptop.
    Today, high teens-mid 20s all day.
    My knees hate me.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.
    It's cool enough in the morning to want a sweater, but by 10:30 a.m. it's too warm for a sweater.
    Very frustrating.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's snowing like a motherfucker, and it's sticking to the grass. But the roads are still too warm. It's right at 32º.

It was 71º this morning when I left work.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That sucker sailed past us and didn't do much - except lower the fire danger, which is nice. I heard east of me might get it tonight, though.
    Have fun.

6. Football_Bat

Oh, we're getting it, alright. It's now up to 2", the roads are now finally gettting white, and my satellite dish is full of snow and I'm missing my Jericho rerun — err, encore presentation — on SciFi.

If there's any saving grace, I'm looking at radar and the low is dragging in some warmer air up and over on the back side. So I figure the snow will turn back to rain as this system moves east.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

See, that's bullshit.
    We just got snow all day and it didn't stick, oh and some nice 40 mph winds to make it feel like it was 12 degrees out. I would have loved to see my shitburg turn white today.
    The only benefit from all of this is I saw my first sandstorm last night. That shit is crazy. It was seeping into our house through the door and the power on the grid next to us kept getting knocked out.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

I almost guaran-fucking-tee you that with all the weather changes, I will be in bed with the flu at some point later on this week.

9. Football_Bat

We used to get sandstorms all the time in Lawton — one or two a year. Just a normal course of events.

But it's rare to get them as far east as Dallas. We got one last February. I had my garage door open while it hit and my garage was filthy. Every west-facing window had this fine red-black powder that seeped in through the weather stripping. A bunch of neighbors were up on their roofs hammering shingles back in place in the 60-mph winds and the blowing dust.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just want to know what causes them.
    The wind blazes here all the time, but why randomly did we have a dust storm last night? It was blowing a bit harder - 35 mph constant wind with 55 mph gusts - but we get that kind of wind pretty regularly. Was it because the wind was blowing out of the northwest, which I believe is rare?

11. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

That was laugh-out loud funny. I probably just disturbed the sleeping patterns of the missus and the kids. I'll explain it to her later, but she just won't understand.

12. My apologies to the fam. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted