1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 2/21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She could have gotten off the island safely, but not made it off the ship safely.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The thing I haven't been able to wrap my head around is this...
    All season they've been referring to "The Oceanic Six," implying that only six of them made it off the island. But when Jack was testifying at Kate's trial, he said eight people survived the crash (we know that 48 actually survived). Now, obviously, the Oceanic Six are either covering for those who stayed on the island or covering up something horrible that happened during their rescue. Jack's conversation with Hurley at the asylum and Kate telling Jack, "The more you tell that story..." indicates they all got together and laid out a cover story.
    But, if the world knows about the six survivors, who are the other two people that they're acknowledging survived? And why?
    And is Aaron another of the Oceanic Six?

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I think Jack mentioned in his testimony that two of the eight died of injuries after the crash, that Kate tried to help them, etc.
    But, yeah, I don't see how Aaron could be one of the "six," since he obviously wasn't born when the crash supposedly took place. So how'd he get off the island? Ben, perhaps?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Unless Kate told people she was pregnant with Aaron at the time of the crash and passed him off as her own.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So many possibilities :)

And there's 44 more episodes to hash it all out.

6. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Jack wanted absolutely nothing to do with Aaron. Could Aaron be Jack's father's child with Claire? But isn't there speculation that Claire and Jack are half-siblings (same dad)? How sick would that be. But there's something about the little boy Jack obviously doesn't want any part of.

7. joe

joe Active Member

It's not speculation. Jack and Claire are brother and sister, as was shown in an episode last season or the season before. Claire had dark hair in that episode.

And I think the grenade isn't live. Just think Locke's fucking with the dude to get him to talk. And, yeah, the guy looks like the Dharma dude from the films.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Another question:

Dharma wine in a box? How bad does that have to be? I'd imagine it would be like gasoline.

9. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I wonder if we'll see more of Taller Ghost Walt.

So now, is Aaron the "he" Kate referred to in the Season 3 finale when she met Jack at the airport and said "he'll be wondering where I am" ?

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Another twist, for certain, and another strong episode. Four for four this season, with at least four more remaining.

-- Yes, something does have to happen to Claire in order for Kate to take Aaron (who would cry Uncle each time he saw Jack, if only everyone involved knew the truth). My guess? She climbs into a helicopter, just like Desmond forecasts, but falls out. Seems likely, I guess.

-- Something about John Locke and this island. Tonight, he tells Miles he is the protector of the island, or something like that. But Ben almost laughs when he breaks down how little Locke knows about the island. "You can't find the hut. You're looking for Jacob to tell you what to do next. You're more lost now than you were before." And so are we. Thanks, writers.

-- Why $3.2 million? Miles demands that amount from Ben during a brief extortion scene. But what relevance does that figure carry? As Ben quips, why not $3.3 million? Or $3.4 million? There does not seem to be any connection to numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42, for those of you who forgot -- two of which, for the record, appear on the helicopter, 15 and 42) but there has to be some relevancy.

-- Also, regarding that extortion scene, Ben appears acutely aware of who Miles is and what he does. We know he is a sort of ghostbuster, he deals with the supernatural. Does Ben deal with the supernatural? (He cleans up Sayid's gunshot wound in the future, but that doesn't seem supernatural at all.) I remain planted in the camp of folks that thinks Ben travels through time, maybe through space, and there are multiple Ben Linuses running around the universe. Wouldn't surprise me at all in a show created by J.J. Abrams that deals so heavily with flashbacks and, now, flash-forwards.

-- Thank you for another strong teaser clip. Slow it down and watch, frame by frame, and ... MILD SPOILER ALERT ...

... You can distinguish at least one or two new characters, folks who look like they spend some time on a large boat. One large man, dark hair, appears to rough up Daniel, the physicist. And we continue to move forward with the story.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, Sawyer did drink beer from the wrecked car they found. Beer that was around 25 years old. I guess he's not too picky about his alcohol.

12. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Kate said Aaron and not Eric. I had to rewind to be sure, but I am.

Jack wouldn't want to see Aaron because he was close to Claire and he knows what happened to her and everybody else who didn't make it off the island.

So are we safe to assume that Miles works for the Dharma founder who wants Ben because of what Ben did to the Dharma folks?

But who does Ben work for? Jacob? Or the guy who recruited Ben when Ben was a kid, but apparently hasn't aged since then?

I didn't think this episode was as good as the others this season, but the Aaron reveal at the end was certainly a good twist.

Draft saved Draft deleted