1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CSTV.com possibly shutting down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 14, 2008.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

just rolls right off the tongue, don't it?

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Its work with college Web sites is dreadful. Good riddance.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Would you prefer the SID or someone from the school do the layout and design for the sites? I like how most school sites look the same, because if you need to get to a schedule or roster quickly, you know where to click.

4. CaliforniaRed

CaliforniaRed Member

Trifectarich, that's like saying you're glad a sports staff got fired because of the ads sold in the sports page.

The CSTV.com Web site is the home page for the TV station while the individual college pages are a separate part of the business.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I'll second that. Their schedules are the most complex things to navigate due to that floating box on the right. It was a decent idea, but they just over-complicated things to make their presentation flashy.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

the schedule box is annoying, especially when you are trying to get a gamecast after a game has already started.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

CSTV "downsized" 40 people. Friend of mine was one of them. They called each person and and told them that day would be their last.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Cute.

9. Metin Eniste

Metin Eniste Member

"Today is your last day" -- wow, that's the exact same smarmy, passive-aggressive choice of words that I got a few years ago at CSTV. Anybody know who was shitcanned? I hope my cock-gobbling former boss is on his way to a soup kitchen right now.

10. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I am not sure if its my internet or if CSTV.com has now shut down. I wanted to get info on UCLA baseball and tried to go to the site and it said it could not be found.

11. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Guess it was my internet. Carry on

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fucking great. I can see I'm going to have to change the URL for about 70 percent of the schools on my links page.

Draft saved Draft deleted