1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Supe XLII/42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And I ask you three ... if that's what you're going to hammer on after what the Giants accomplished ... is that really what you want to come away with from this game?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No Shottie. But it deserves to be discussed, because there's a pattern of poor sportsmanship by Belichick and because the Patriots chortle about doing things the right way.

It's all about team, right? Then why did Bill leave with a second to play? You win 18 times as a team, you lose once as a team. Or not. Hypocrite.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, you were there for two words, I'll give ya that. ::) ::) ::) ::)

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not a fan of either team so i have no axes to grind. i have no eli moments i need to relive

and yeah, his disregard of the game and the giants pissed me off and it will stay with me.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ummm, ok. No need for the rolly eyes.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid post.

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I see a bitch ass coach unwilling to wait a few seconds until the game is over to concede.

All season long the patriots ran up the score on other teams, they had to wait until the game was over to shake hands.

This is just as worse at Randy moss leaving the field with 3 seconds on the clock.

Bellicheat is classless and disrespectful. We are all glad he got his worst defeat on the largest stage possible.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not only could it happen, it once DID happen in 78 on this play:
    , Of course, that was b/c those dumbass Giants somehow decided to handoff when they only needed to take a knee to run out the final seconds. Today's Giants ain't that dumb.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No, but it is something people will remember, and will be talking about tomorrow.

People will also long talk about this stupendously great team of the ages, and their brilliant and brooding coach, and it also should be at least footnoted that Belichick wasn't even on the field with them during the final snap of the year.

Yet he was marching up and down the sideline and running fly patterns out of the shotgun formation against Washington up 52-0 in the final meaningless minutes.

Way to set the example.

10. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Good questions, Suburbia.

"Eli Manning has become a top flight quarterback. You know how that happens? You win Super Bowls." -- Sean Salisbury
    Paging Trent Dilfer...

BUT, Eli IS now a proven playoff performer, starting with last year's comeback in Philly. To be a great QB, he's got to be better during the season, or win more than one SB. You can be sure Fox saved the miss of Burress for the postgame show, expecting a Pats win (Buck must have been high when he said after the play it would have been a TD. I guess the two Pats downfield were going to wave as he ran by. It just smacked of a highlight setup).
    A 20-INT season by Brett Favre is a down year. Until two weeks ago, a 20-INT season by Eli was a sign of an unsure future. Has he turned the corner? He sure is closer than he was on Thanksgiving.
    And, barring cap influence, these Giants could win again, even in a great NFC East.

And, yes... let's shake hands after the game, not during.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You were only there for one word. BYH made it for two. ;)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

just saw the Eli Disneyland commercial.

Blows my mind. I remember when it was a huge deal to make that commercial overnight.

Draft saved Draft deleted