1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Supe XLII/42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think the most impressive thing I read after the game was from Eli.

He said he and Peyton had been talking about situations like this earlier in the week. And they agreed that they'd rather see their team down by FOUR, rather than THREE points, starting the drive. Because if they're three points down, they might kick the field goal.

That, right there, is the mark of a winner.

2. Great call, fucking fanboi.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

So you once again grant all control to him and once again play your meager part (certainly meager to him) in a ridiculous question-and-answer liturgy that he never once has taken seriously.

No, I don't think so.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nice pull.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I love that like one Patriot fanboi has shown up since the end of the game.

They must have gone to sleep, convinced this is a dream and they'll wake up tomorrow and it'll be best of three. Or best of five. Or best of 13. Or whatever it takes to make the Patriots, the bestest and most pure team ever, the champs.

6. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Best game ever.

those cheating patriots got handed the most ugliest painful loss.

This is for all the calls that went their way, all the cheating and all that dirty play.

this is nice.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you do have to admit, though, brady was classy in defeat.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jesus, I just watched the end of the game again.

Belichick was running across the field to shake Coughlin's hand, willing to concede the final second.

Holy shit. That is NO story unless people are bending over backwards to make him a villain. That's ridiculous.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought it was a pretty cool thing to hear. Thinking about it, I'm guessing you'd hear most QB's say that, but it still sounded pretty cool.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

And that's fine. But the game wasn't over. So go back to the sideline and give the game and the Giants the respect it/they deserve.

What if hell broke loose? what if Eli dropped the ball and the Giants ran into one another trying to recover it and the Pats returned it for a TD? Yes, it would have been the most shocking miracle in the history of sports. but it could technically happen.

Belichick can NEVER tell a team to play all 60 minutes again. Ever.

And you KNOW if the Giants did this, smarmy Patriots fans would be chortling about the classless Giants. So yeah. This is funny.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It isn't the fucking handshake.

If the defensive unit that blew it in the fourth quarter has to go out there and take their position, with an accepted indignity, then Coach Asshole can stand on the sidelines for one second with the rest of the guys who lost.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shottie - the nfl won't let you concede a final second, and you and hoodie both know that.

and if you watched the end of it again, you'll have noticed the ref stopped him before he ever reached coughlin, to tell him the game wasn't over yet. instead of going back to the sideline and risking a shred of embarassment, dickhead pushed past the ref and stomped off the field.

fucking classless.

Draft saved Draft deleted