1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just saw Juno

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Dec 27, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can buy that, but he should NOT have won the track meet.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Why, because he ate a hot pocket once and was late for practice? You're picking some serious nits here, dude.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

People who eat hot pockets NEVER succeed in life. Didn't your parents teach you that?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Jumping in a little late, but my girlfriend and I both thought it was the best movie we'd seen in months ... at least.

Ellen Page was fantastic. The whole movie was great.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He was hardly ever at practice! The team was running around all the time and he was hardly with them.

6. "I mean, we're talking about PRACTICE."

7. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

I found the dialogue at the very start of the movie (although very funny) a little too smart and precious, but that is beyond picking nits. I loved this movie!

Saying that and the problem with Bleecker winning the track meet are big strikes against this movie is like saying you don't like Julia Roberts because she has a crooked smile. C'mon!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck you. I had two hot pockets this week. Are you saying I'm not going to amount to anything?

(You don't have to answer that. Really, you don't.)

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I think of Hot Pockets, and I think of Cartman demanding them from his mom while the kids are bugeyed on computers in the basement in the World of Warcraft episode.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've always liked Jim Gaffigan's bits about Hot Pockets:

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Used to eat Hot Pockets all the time as a kid, after my parents got a Sam's Club card and went on freezer-food shopping binges.

I can't imagine having a desire to ever buy those again. Yuck.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love Hot Pockets. Course I rarely eat them, so ya know.

Draft saved Draft deleted