1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL interviews LZ Granderson

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 8, 2008.

1. So's one of these...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Actually Jordan's boycott of SI lasted much longer than a year or two. In fact, I still don't think he gives them one-on-one interviews. (Maybe Reilly did get him at some point, but I don't remember it.) That baseball cover really pissed him off.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Thanks to those who said nice things.

Errors happen. I think our track record speaks for itself, as does the fact that many prominent and respected journalists have taken the time to speak with us. I know how these threads tend to go, so ...

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

::)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a blog. And it's one of the best out there...

How can you not love something that a douche like Colin Cowherd hates so much?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's not saying much.

Irrelevant to me. TBL's behavior, as proven by the Reilly incident, shows that it has a long way to go.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Reilly story on TBL was 100 percent accurate.

It should also be pointed out that Reilly was interviewed by TBL about a week after the LSU incident, so he certainly must not have had much of a problem with what was written...

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Exactly. TBL didn't have the stones to ask him about it. TBL wants to have his cake and eat it, too.

9. You're right, Mizzou. Without TBL, I'd never be able to keep track of who Matt Leinart is fucking.

By the way, TBL... did you ever apologize to Florida State's Geno Hayes and De'Cody Fagg, as you promised, for erroneously roping them into the cheating scandal?

http://thebiglead.com/?p=3975

You can't go talking about your track record and your major contribution to sports journalism, then post unsubstantiated crap like that and go capering off to the next quarterback-celebrity happy sex fun time post.

I guess it's more fun to play Pretend Sports Journalist than actually walk the walk.

10. TBL interviews some of the best and brightest in our industry, including people I know fairly well. That alone is enough to draw me in everyday.

Has he made mistakes? Sure. Have I made mistakes? You betcha. But I don't pretend to take his blog so seriously, as some people do on this site.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

But the catch is he wants people to take him seriously. Why should someone take seriously a blog that has non-existent journalistic scruples?

12. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Draft saved Draft deleted