1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Fort Smith (Ark.) Times Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by koolbreeze, Nov 15, 2007.

1. InDaBoonies

InDaBoonies New Member

Has anyone heard anything new on this job?

2. ChmDogg

ChmDogg Member

It sounds like they are taking their time on this.

A couple weeks back, Scott said he wasn't aiming to have either new person start until after the start of the new year.

My (total) guess would be that maybe they'll start making calls within the next week.

3. ScottFaldon

ScottFaldon Member

I got a ton of resumes, so it's taking a little longer than expected.

If you've sent me anything, you'll be hearing something before the end of the year.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

So anyone know who the lucky duo is that landed these jobs? It looked like a primo gig for anyone who loves writing.

5. Did I mention I know Scott Faldon? He's a friend of mine. And you my friend, RedSmithClone, are no Scott Faldon.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree.

7. Finally. Someone with a sense of humor.

8. j27roenick

j27roenick New Member

Is Ryan Malashock still writing for them? I'm pretty sure he moved to the Fort Smith paper a few years back, but I wasn't 100 percent certain I had the correct paper and that he was still with them.

9. No. Malashock is at The Morning News in Springdale, where he's the Arkansas basketball beat writer.

10. ScottFaldon

ScottFaldon Member

Process is still ongoing after a slight delay.

However, now it's down to one opening. Hopefully we'll be able to fill the second one sometime this summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted