1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be the coach?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And Spurrier even said last week that Nix should take that job. Guess something was off.
    Granted, they might have already liked another candidate better and Nix saw the writing on the wall.

2. statrat

statrat Member

Ty Willingham gets one more chance to turn around Washington next season:
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2004054571_webty05.html

Good call IMO. Give a coach at least four years.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I too am happy with this decision. Willingham will never lead any team to greatness. But he is exactly what UW needed following the Neuheisel years. He deserves four full years. If he doesn't win at least eight games and make it to a bowl game next year, then he deserves to get the boot.

And I'm sick of the fans who think Mora is the answer to all of UW's problems just because he's an alum and it's his "dream job." A Seattle Times columnist referred to him as a "hot candidate." Huh? What school or teams is after this guy? I haven't seen his name mentioned in connection with any opening so far.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Also surprised that Nix didn't take the Southern Miss job. You can win there, especially considering all the Mississippi JUCO talent and all the in-state kids that don't academically qualify for the SEC.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Plus, it ain't like you're going up against a couple of recruiting powerhouses in Mississippi State and Ole Miss. There's a lot of good high school talent in South Mississippi, and Hattiesburg is closer to that than Oxford or Starkvegas.

6. http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/12/05/news/120607coachsearch.txt

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Southern Miss interviewed Mike DuBose this week. That would be enough to make me withdraw my name from consideration.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

GREAT hire for the Hogs.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Agreed, but I feel kind of bad for Grobe, who seems to be such a good dude ... I won't enjoy seeing the rabid piggy fans eating him alive after an 8-4 season.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Tremendous hire for the Hogs.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Where are the sources in that story?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but shouldn't a good portion of that information have been attributed to someone?

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Unreal.

Guy wins the ACC title at Wake Forest. WINS the ACC TITLE at WAKE FOREST. And the best he can do is have to deal with the shithole that is Arkansas football, circa 2007?

That kinda sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted