1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Taylor - RIP UPDATED

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, Nov 26, 2007.

1. It was mostly about on-field deaths -- 19 in the last year before the ban -- but it also was directly tied by many people to a loss of civility among America's college students.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Talk about global warming.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If Whitlock is wrong -- and this act was either (a) random act of violence (doesn't seem likely) or (b) an act committed by a white gangster or just a white person in general -- does he lose all credibility for the duration? Is his career effectively over?

I mean, to me -- and I enjoy Whitlock and been a defender of him -- you better be 100 percent right if you are going to go the "Black KKK" route when discussing a murder.....

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Whitlock and Rome ... 2 reasons not to turn on the radio.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Upper middle-class Canadians don't kill people. ;)

6. yes, because black-on-black violence is a total non-issue without sean taylor. there's no merit to this column at all without sean taylor. you nailed it.

7. That is just inches from an actual reply.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree with what JW writes, I just don't like the expression Black KKK.

I like Black Mafia better. The mafia works under the same pricipals that you can never walk away.

The former is almost looked at as a comical group. My image of the KKK is falling over chairs on the Geraldo show. I know that might be wrong, but they just don't seem to be what they used to be. I'm 38, so I do not know the KKK in full "power."

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Welcome back, Jason. I was hoping this would get you to log in ... And you're right ... Taylor is the symptom of a larger problem, whether this is a hit or a random act.
    However, that is only if we're assuming the perpetrators are black. And while it may be logical, it's dangerous to assume.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, but what if Sean Taylor -- the guy you are using as the poster child for Black on Black crime -- was NOT a victim of another black guy?

That is my point. Your column makes a number of very good points but don't ya think that before you built it around Sean Taylor's murder, you should have found out who it is that actually killed Taylor?

Well, that's assuming you don't already know and are just waiting for the right moment to break the story.....

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Without any sort of inside information about this case, I fear that this tragedy will not be solved because whoever murdered Sean Taylor is no longer in Miami.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After Rolle's statements about Taylor, has he given any names to the police?

Even if those were not the people who killed Taylor, I think they would be a fine starting point.

Draft saved Draft deleted