1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY! SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POST-BOWL POLL -- PAGE 48

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 22, 2007.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll-Week 12, Page 40 VOTERS NOTE!

OMG. Composite record of Hawaii opponents (excluding Washington's sterling 4-8): 47-81. Hawaii has beaten 2 - TWO - teams with winning records (Boise 10-2) and Fresno St. (7-4), and neither was convincing: 39-27 over Boise and 37-30 over Fresno.

So by this logic, if, say, Louisiana-Lafayette wins from week-to-week and goes unbeaten, they're No. 1, regardless of strength of schedule. Ugh.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Make that four.
    Oh, and I've had Hawaii in my top 12 for majority of the season.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

It must be the pretty rainbows wooing certain types of voters.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I got,

Until the win over Kansas, the combined record of the teams Missouri beat was 55-61. That includes 9-3 Illinois. Should the Tigers beat Oklahoma, I may change my mind.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. i'm almost glad i'm a U-Dub fan and could give two shits about rankings.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Or maybe the voters have looked at the season as a whole and recognized that the only unbeaten deserves to be the No. 1 team in poll.

7. tjbball54

tjbball54 New Member

I am laughing hysterically at these posts. I am not a voter, but for anyone picking Hawaii number 1 is just down right funny. I think West Virginia and Ohio State 1 and 2, unless Mizzou wins next week...then WV and Mizzou. I also agree that Mizzou didn't have a great list of teams they played, but wins over Kansas and a very solid Illinois- you have to give them credit if they win next week. If not OSU. Either way I don't count.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll-Week 13, Page 43

(Editor's note: Today's column will be written by Slappy's Dalmatian/Bull Terrier mix "Dottie." When last she saw Slappy, he was jumping in his car and muttering "ANOTHER moran took Clemson twice!? Jeebus Fugging Keyrist in a handbasket! That's the seventh person today taking a team twice! Ask one dogdamn favor about getting things in early and this is what you get." She's been itching to post on the site, but her other owner, Ms. Slappy, doesn't want her to join the "goobers on the nerd board." So she's sneaking this in. Don't tell.)

[​IMG]

By DOTTIE
    SLAPPY'S ONLY BEST FRIEND

Greetings all. I want to tell you up front that I know nothing about football, which would qualify me for this poll with what Slappy says about the "tickturds who kept putting Oregon in the top 25 after their quarterback got hurt" and "pom-pon waving fan boys."

I got to watch some of the Alabama-Auburn game on Saturday night when Slappy and mom took me over to a party. I wondered what the commotion was, while locked in the room with some other dog; they did let me go pee at halftime and someone stuck their head in to bring in some colored liquid in a bottle. I think someone was having sex, because I heard someone say "dumbass kid can't handle his lick her."

Anyway, they let me out and told me a neat joke. Slappy held up one hand with all the fingers up and said "This is for the last five years." And then he held up the middle finger on his other hand and said "and this is just for Nick Saban." Because momma was ticked off, I guess it was because her team lost. Either that or Slappy wore her underwear on his head again. One of the two.

It was kinda cool watching the other game. Slappy explained that this fat guy in a mustache ate a horse, but he lost me when he said "cocksuckering cocksuckery sucked cock." He says things like that a lot. I just lick myself.

All I know is momma dresses me up on game day. She makes me wear Green or Brown. Or it could be Blue or Red. I'm a dog, what do I know from colors. I think it's Alabama or Michigan, but when she watches them she yells "Sonuvabitch" and "Dammittohell" so I'm not sure.

But I thought I'd help him out. I mean I'm a dog and Georgia's mascot is a dog. I think that's cool. Who needs to win their conference or even go to the title game? I guess they don't in that league. There's pigs and dogs like Uga, Smokey and those chicks in the houndstooth hats at Dammittohell.

I just thought I'd help him out. I mean what's man's best friend for? I'd get him a beer, but the cap would get caught in my teeth and I'd choke. Of course, Slappy said if I do that, I could play for LSU.

SportsJournalists.com COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL
    11/26/2007
    RK. TEAM (1st) PTS Last

1. West Virginia (15) 733 3
    2. Missouri (11) 724 4
    3. Ohio State 660 5
    4. Georgia 637 6
    5. Kansas 583 2
    6. LSU 572 1
    7. Virginia Tech 559 8
    8. Hawaii (4) 557 11
    9. Southern Cal 543 12
    10. Oklahoma 537 9
    11. Florida 460 14
    12. Boston College 396 15
    13. Illinois 341 18
    14. Tennessee 336 19
    15. Arizona State 334 7
    16. Texas 247 13
    17. Clemson 242 22
    18. Wisconsin 214 21
    19. Oregon 167 10
    20. BYU 158 24
    21. Cincinnati 153 23
    22. Virginia 118 17
    23. Boise St. 113 16
    24. South Florida 106 NR
    25. Auburn 95 NR

Also receiving votes:
    Arkansas 54; Texas Tech 53; Connecticut 20; Navy 12; Wake Forest 10; Michigan 8; Air Force 7; Oregon State 4; Troy 3; Central Florida 3; Tulsa 1.

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll committee:
    Slappy4428 (chairman), Oz, The Good Doctor, Elliotte Friedman, Hockeybeat, Starman, Hank Scorpio, Mystery Meat, Barsuk, Della9250, Mayfly, Songbird, dparker85, Gutter, Buckweaver, sxysprtswrtr, spnited, Idaho, Joel Hammond, HackWilson191, BYH, AgatePage, Piotr Rasputin, Rufino, Trooper Bari, Jesus_Muscatel, GB-Hack; Precious Roy. (MIA: Eagle Boy, Sportschick, Orville Redenbacher ; Withdrawn: Micropolitan Guy, Beanpole, Precious Roy, Amraeder)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I sent you my vote, dammit! I just really liked Clemson this week.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why in the fuck is hawaii ranked so high?

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked Texas is still as high as it is.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're a "real" pollster, do you give extra points to a team winning a 13th game for a conference championship and don't knock them as much if they lose?
    I don't like Ohio State or Georgia moving up by not playing. People talk about wanting to settle the championship on the field, then talk about ranking the teams they think are best right now. Then why even play any games if you are going to disregard results?

Draft saved Draft deleted