1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from Omaha

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 18, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

How do you really feel about it??????????

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You are with him?

Fat Tire is extremely overrated and not very good at all, so I guess I am with Bubbler and Three Bags.

3. Collateral damage.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

half of what makes fat tire so well-liked is (much like pot) it's toughness to obtain.

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Unless you live in one of these states:

[​IMG]

I can see it now...Smokey & the Bandit - Eastbound & Down:

Bo "Bandit" Darville [Vince Vaughan] is hired by fraternal twins Enos I [the first one out of the canal; played by Lewis Black] and Enos II [the second one out; played by Gilbert Gottfried] to ship a trailerload of Fat Tire beer to Georgia. Bandit enlists the help of his truck driving friend Cledus "Snowman" Snow [Billy Bob Thornton] to complete the job. With his main squeeze "Frog" [Jessica Biel] by his side, Bandit will run interference for Snowman should they encounter any law enforcement. Which they do in the form of the persistent Sherrif Buford T. Justice [Tommy Lee Jones] and his disappointment of a son - Junior Justice [Steve-O]. Will the boys [and gal] be able to pull this off? Check your 20 and get ready to find out.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

oh the whiskey filet at the drover -- so good i didn't want to brush my teeth

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think the trip to Hy-Vee deserves its own thread

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I saw Moose Drool at Hy-Vee and thought about picking up a six pack. Perhaps I'll go back. But this Fat Tire is tremendous.

What's this College World Series of which you speak, SoCal? I'm here for the MVC football championship. [/ducking] Seriously, I am. [/ducking again]

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm disappointed to say I had to drive to Boys Town to find an open grocery store last night. (Apparently, 10 p.m. on a Saturday is late in Omaha.) Knowing what little I know of Boystown in Chicago, I watched my back closer than I would in the Chicago projects.

Inside it was a bit disappointing, except the alcohol was very close to the door.

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Did I or did I not tell you that Omaha rolls up the streets at 9 p.m.?

11. FCE

FCE Member

now go have a drink at the dubliner

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm going to the store and buying a fat tire just to shove it up this naysayers' asses.

Draft saved Draft deleted