1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jase unloads on Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Nov 9, 2007.

1. The judge in Philly is a spotlight-sucking clown, you ask me.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whitlock writes with intlectual honesty on matters of race. Rhoden does not.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Are there other examples of this?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Reid should have been responsible for their actions about 10 years ago, when they weren't adults.
    It's very clear he blew off his parenting duties for the job.

5. Oh, balls.
    Whitlock writes what you want to hear.

6. it's very clear?

So the parents of any kids who screw up by definition blew off their duties?

Were you there? Do you know what the Reids did to get their kids straightened out? Do you know how much they were home? Do you know what measures they took to get the kids help?

I hope you're not a journalist because you just can't make asssumptions like this and be taken seriously

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't know about y'all, but my parents didn't know much about what I was doing at 19 ...

Damn sure wasn't their fault when I screwed up.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Yes I know, and we I should just stay out of the abortion debate because I'm a man who can't give birth. Heard it all before.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"Just for the record, I never said Andy Reid was a bad father."

Whitlock does make some good points, but I don't find one strong point that pulls it all together. Maybe it's just because all the details of this case haven't come to the surface yet.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Their are countless examples where I disagree with Whitlock. For example I thought he was way off base with his position on barry bonds.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<b><i>Jase?</b></i>

12. Chris Rock agrees.

"That shit wasn't about race...that shit was about fame. If O.J. wasn't famous, he'd be in jail right now. If O.J. drove a bus, he wouldn't even be O.J. - he'd be Orenthal The Bus-Driving Murderer."

Draft saved Draft deleted