1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes.....another!

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by JD, Nov 1, 2007.

1. JD

JD Member

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/sports/ci_7289312

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

JD... in everyting you've posted, you're leading with too much background and not telling me what happened in this game and what the effect is.

In each one, you've had a score other than the final result of the gasme youre writing aout before the gasme score... an absolute non-no..not EVER!

Write about now and the consequences, not about what set up this game/result.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What the hell sport was this? Soccer? football?

4. the_rookie

the_rookie Member

JD.
    I'm currently in the same positon as you. I'm 19 with no college background. I got hired because of my early experience. Though I started journalism in sports, I'm also writing about news, court and person features. First, I would suggest reading everything -- that includes stories outside the sports section. I agree with everything that was said, but I'm not claiming to be the best. I am just reminding you to not let it go to your head and take what they're telling you and use it. I'm interested in reading some of your stuff, mostly because our experience is similar, except I'm at a weekly.

If you want, message me and maybe we can exchange work.

I think I'll go post now...

Draft saved Draft deleted