1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY! SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POST-BOWL POLL -- PAGE 48

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- New Week 9, Page 35

1, the ohio state
    2, kansas (never in my lifetime did i think rock chalk u. would be so devastating and, score 76 on nebraska)
    3, lsu
    4, oregon
    5, west virginny
    6, oklahoma
    7, mizzou
    8, usc
    9, bc
    10, georgia
    11, texas
    12, florida
    13, michigan
    14, arizona state
    15, virginny tech
    16, hawai'i
    17, auburn
    18, clemson
    19, boise state
    20, wiscy
    21, cal
    22, alabama
    23, connecticut
    24, virginny
    t25 cincy
    t25 tennessee

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We dont create a tie to add an extra team around here Mister. In the big leagues, we wear sleeves and caps.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

well, cincy scores 31 in the 1st quarter on the way to humping webby u. a good one. tennnessee seems to be playing tennessee football again, though putting up 59 on louisiana ... monroe? lafayette? can't remember which ... isn't all that tough.

So, put cincy at 25.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll - PAGING: Scorpio

By SLAPPY 4428
    SportsJournalists.com POLLMASTER

It has come to our attention that there seems to be a universal discord on this board concerning the strengths and weaknesses of some of the BCS conferences.

Specifically, some people feel their favorite conference is stronger than others; others feel those SEC fanboys are nothing but slive... err, slime. There has been a lot of Big East bashing, some Pac-10 one-upmanship and some tweaking of the Always Crappy Conference, the usual Big 10-SEC member-measuring fight. Oddly, no one is battering the Big 12, although with three teams in the top 10 -- none of whom are named Texas -- we guess the fans can take it like a man.

But the sniping is indeed bothersome -- even when it isn't generated by me.

The discussion usually goes like this:

Know-nothing fan: Which one of you is best?

ACC fanboy: Well, we were until Saturday, then Boston College lost, so it isn't us?

Pac-10: Hey, we've got Oregon which beat Michigan at home, Arizona State who was undefeated, Cal which was ranked in the top 3 and USC, which wins an award for underachieving.

Big East: Yeah, but Appalachian State beat Michigan too, so you aren't all that tough. We've got UConn and umm, South Florida and ummm, Rutgers and hey, how did we forget -- Louisville. Oh.. and West Virginia. Yeah we're best.

Big 12: HAH! Those aren't football teams! Look at our powers! Oklahoma! That's one of the best programs in the nation! Kansas! Missouri! Did I just say that out loud?

Big 10: Yes, but we have the No. 1 team. And our graduation rate is higher than other leagues. So you want to talk Cum Laude graduates? You want to talk Fortune 500 placements? You want to talk about an ability to read and write?

SEC: Thatrightthereain'tnokindafunnynohow.I'magonnagitmeanotherbuhrandlovemesomenicksabancauseeventhowelostwecanbeatallyallsasses.

So as you can see, it's all a matter of perspective.

The Big 12 sees its biggest rival conference as the Little Southwest Conference in West Texas. The Pac-10 views its biggest rival conference as the Big 10. The Big Ten feels it has no rivals. The Big East would like to be the ACC and the ACC would like to be the SEC. The SEC feels that Thatrightthereain'tnokindafunnynohow.I'magonnagitmeanotherbuhrandlovemesomenicksabancauseeventhowelostwecanbeatallyallsasses.

Big 10 fans enjoy the campus atmosphere, the tailgating and the fall colors. ACC fans enjoy the November weather in Boston and the September chills in Miami. Big 12 fans take solace in knowing that trips to Stillwater come only once every two years and Pac 10 fans go for the calmness and innerpeace. Big East fans can't wait to head to them big cities in Morgantown and Storrs. And yes, everyone knows that in the SEC, the king truly is Thatrightthereain'tnokindafunnynohow.I'magonnagitmeanotherbuhrandlovemesomenicksabancauseeventhowelostwecanbeatallyallsasses.

So indeed, there is no best or worst. We'll just have to all hold hands, get along and drink another buhr.

SportsJournalists.com COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL
    11/5/2007
    RK. TEAM (1st) PTS Last

1. Ohio State (26) 835 1
    2. LSU (6) 805 2
    3. Oregon (2) 781 4
    4. Oklahoma 734 5
    5. Kansas 717 8
    6. West Virginia 686 7
    7. Missouri 633 9
    8. Arizona State 550 6
    9. Boston College 547 3
    10. Hawaii 515 10
    11. Georgia 511 11
    12. Virginia Tech 459 12
    13. Southern Cal 413 14
    14. Connecticut 402 16
    15. Michigan 394 15
    16. Texas 372 13
    17. Florida 285 18
    18. Auburn 257 19
    19. Boise St. 218 21
    20. Clemson 172 NR
    21. Alabama 166 17
    22. Virginia 139 NR
    23. Tennessee 122 NR
    24. Kentucky 81 25
    25. California 68 24

Also receiving votes:
    Cincinnati 47; Florida State 31; Penn State 25; Wisconsin 19; BYU 15; South Florida 14; Illinois 14; Wake Forest 12; Wyoming 6; Texas A&M 3; Arkansas 1; Navy 1..

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll committee: Slappy4428 (chairman), Oz, The Good Doctor, Elliotte Friedman, Hockeybeat, Starman, Eagleboy, Sportschick, Mystery Meat, Barsuk, WS, Della9250, Mayfly, Songbird, dparker85, Gutter, Buckweaver, sxysprtswrtr, Orville Redenbacher, spnited, Idaho, Amraeder, Joel Hammond, Precious Roy, HackWilson191, BYH, AgatePage, Piotr Rasputin, Rufino, Trooper Bari, OJ1414, Jesus_Muscatel, GB-Hack; Precious Roy. (MIA: Hank Scorpio; Withdrawn: Micropolitan Guy, Beanpole)

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll - New! Week 10. Page 36

Technically, Big East football teams head to Hartford nowadays.

Otherwise, on point.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's the Big east. I care.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who voted for Navy? 8)

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Charlie Weis.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That's technically East Hartford, I think. Right? Doesn't just basketball play in Hartford? I think they said the stadium is at an abandoned airport. That in itself must be odd.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

East Hartford, yes. Where the Patriots stadium would have been, if it had been built.

And there is a mall, etc., around there now, so it's not too creepy.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nothing beats Piscataway in November!

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Except, possibly, a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Draft saved Draft deleted