1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scout.com managing editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Company: Fox Interactive Media
    Position: Managing Editor
    Job Status: Not Specified
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: November 27, 2007
    Job ID: 843497

Description:

Scout.com Managing Editor Description

FOXSports.com, a division of Fox Interactive Media, is seeking a Managing Editor to coordinate editorial content for its Scout.com-branded college and pro sports Websites, ensuring that cohesive, compelling content is delivered to the Scout.com Websites in a timely and consistent fashion. He/She will ensure the flawless execution of Scout.com's editorial positioning with journalistic integrity and timely and relevant publishing. Responsibilities include collaborating with Publishers and writers of Scout.com’s Websites, as well as FOXSports.com Product Management and Video Production to ensure the seamless integration of the day's breaking news stories and feature content to the Scout.com Websites as well as appropriate integration into FOXSports.com. Position reports directly to the Managing Editor of FOXSports.com.

Other responsibilities include:

• Coordinate the daily discussion for the creation of Scout.com network’s content and take the lead for news and feature coverage, large events, and develop editorial content and special packages
    • Provide clear leadership by giving direction and focus each day to the most important sports stories throughout Scout.com’s Websites, and ensuring the content has a consistent energy and 'feel'.
    • Maintain regular communication with publishers and/or editors at Scout.com’s college and pro websites.
    • Help Scout.com publishers in the development of exclusive content
    • Ensure content is always easily consumable, informative and current

Qualifications/Requirements:

Qualified candidates will possess 7+ years of proven leadership and managerial skills including previous direct managerial responsibilities of professional journalists/editors; managing news desk operations, exemplary strategic and operating skills, be an outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing, have the demonstrated ability to work successfully in a challenging and demanding environment, and experience working in the interactive web space.
    Self-motivation, high energy, superior stamina and a desire to win are required.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

so the emails I've gotten from scout.com telling me they found my resume on line and want me to be managing editor aren't special?

3. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

They pay enough to live in Beverly Hills?

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Do mice bark?

5. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

What happened to Glen Nelson?

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

slappy: trust me on this, you are not beverly hills material.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Depends on which Beverly Hills?

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i for one, think he'd fit right in

[​IMG]

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's a better truck...

10. spartacus

spartacus Member