1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waxahachie, Texas SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by tx_spts, Oct 19, 2007.

1. tx_spts

tx_spts Member

The Waxahachie Daily Light is seeking sports editor. The paper covers 13 high schools and one NAIA college. The Waxahachie Daily Light is a six-day daily newspaper and has earned three consecutive Texas Press Association Sweepstake awards for Division 3 newspapers. We are part of the American Consolidated Media family of newspapers, which believes in promoting talented individuals from within company ranks. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and excellent benefits, which include 401(k) plan, health/dental insurance and annual paid vacation. The Waxahachie Daily Light is an equal opportunity employer. E-mail cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Daily Light Editor Neal White at neal.white@waxahachiedailylight.com.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, Waxahachie is in a dry county.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a kinda cool town though. I had an aunt who lived there for a while. Some really cool old houses and stuff there.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Waxahachie is my least favorite town to type in this state. Also, it is hard to pronounce for non-Texans. That is all.

5. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

Isn't there a cult based there?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not so hard if you are a late-night WWL radio listener. Some nutcase preacher from that town buys airtime overnight to spread his doomsday prattling, urging you at the end to write off for literature to whax-a-HATCH-EE "and that's abbreviated w-a-x, tex-us"

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

There's an old joke about a state trooper stopping a speeder in Waxahachie. After a couple of failed attempts to properly fill out the citation, he let the speeder go. He got back in the patrol car and told his partner what the deal was.

"That's all right," the partner said. "We'll just get him at Waco."

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what's up at the daily light? i thought i saw where they also lost their top news reporter.

maybe a perk of the job could be an invite to dale hansen's big annual shindig at his ranch.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

<crickets>

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hear there is a superconducting supercollider for sale ... cheap.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hear you can get a collie down at the pound, actually.

12. There's a duplicate of the Munster's house in Waxahachie.

http://www.munstermansion.com/

Side note...I installed HVAC systems in many homes in Waxahachie [but, sadly, not in the Munstermansion].

Draft saved Draft deleted