1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, that can't be quite as painful as giving up a four-goal lead with two own goals. :(

2. DEB

DEB Member

All I know is "can can" (my new name for Cansportschick) is basking in happiness that the Avs whooped the Flames' asses with that shootout win.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I didn't know she had an official spokesperson.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220818&hubname=">
    Atlanta's pointless season has its first casualty: Bob Hartley has been fired, according to TSN. Don Wadell takes over as the coach.</a>

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Huh ... figured they'd at least give him 10 games ...

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess 2-for-26 on the PP isn't going to get it done.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Six games, nine goals scored.

But the hockey-mad city of Atlanta will rally round their team.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think you get 10 games if you put a point on the board. Pointless after six games? I'm not shocked.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

They'll get seriously rabid about that threatening little bird!

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why not can him after getting to the playoffs only to fold up against the Rangers in the first round last year?

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Havlat's out for a while ... sorry, Doc.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220814&hubname=

Chicago Blackhawks winger Martin Havlat will undergo rehabilitation on his injured shoulder and will be out of the lineup for about four more weeks.

Havlat hurt his shoulder in the season opener against the Minnesota Wild and underwent an MRI the following day. It was feared the injury-prone goal scorer would have to undergo surgery and be lost for a lengthy period of time.

But Havlat will begin rehabilitation instead and attempt to play after the four-week stint.

12. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

I honestly don't know. Hartley lost a lot of fan support because of the fact the team's special teams were never anything to write home about. And they've been just plain HORRENDOUS this season. Other knocks on the guy is that he doesn't understand how to play his goalies (He'd play Lehtonen until he broke...not every goalie is Patrick Roy, Bob) and that he switches line combinations too often so nobody can form chemistry.

This is a move that had to be made, even if it's just Waddell trying to save his own behind.

Draft saved Draft deleted