1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe you are correct. Also, three out of four games tonight went to a shootout.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

FSN's Jim Watson congratulates Kopitar on his game-winning goal ... in overtime. Dude, it's a shootout goal, not an OT goal. Brutal.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Jim Watson's outta there. Jim Fox (who I met at Riviera Country Club at the Nissan Open earlier this year and was very cool) is now providing the analysis. Much better.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="
    ">
    Here's a funny video compilation of the "worst announcers in the NHL". Tampa Bay's Dave Mishkin is a lunatic!</a>

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh dear, Jeanneret is just awful ... thinks it's friggin' soccer.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh Christ, Mishkin ... this is painful.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He's an acquired taste.

His May Day call (on Brad May's series winning OT goal over the Bruins) is one of the greatest calls in all of hockey.

Here's the TSN Top Ten...MayDay is #1 of course.

And now he's got Harry Neale in the booth with him

8. Flash

Flash Guest

From the Calgary Sun:

"You'd think that we'd learned from that (Nashville) experience," said Flames head coach Mike Keenan, who was asked if they got too comfortable with the wide margin over an explosive Avalanche team.

"There is no explanation for it without that explanation. They quit playing."

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mike Keenan is a certifiable dick.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Amen.

But he's right. They did quit.

11. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

It's my fault, I was out covering a volleyball tournament and as soon as I stepped in the door of my apartment to turn on Versus, the Flyers scored twice within a minute. This team/franchise/organization/city needs an enema.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And poor Canadiens. Huet is brilliant, holding up a 1-0 first period lead. Florida scores with 10 seconds left and then wins in a shootout.

Draft saved Draft deleted