1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY! SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POST-BOWL POLL -- PAGE 48

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW! WEEK 6 - 10/08 -- PAGE 26

Dead. To. Me.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW! WEEK 6 - 10/08 -- PAGE 26

Tho every other MAC grad is giggling like hell

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

All five of us on here.

Oh and sc, how was that Sweet Sixteen basketball trip with Ohio? :D

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paging sxysprtswrtr and her double love of Auburn....

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What kind of year is it that someone can love a team that lost to Appy State so much they picked them twice? Crazy.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They play basketball after the second round of the tourney? Who knew!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

GB-Hack needs to send in his poll; sxysprtswrtr and idaho need to find me for fixes

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING GBHACK, IDAHO, SXYSPTSWRTR

Slap,

Every time I see these messages I think of you goin' Eddie Murphy and sayin' "I'm on the muthafucka."

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING GBHACK, IDAHO, SXYSPTSWRTR

it was mizzou. my fingers have a very hard time typing mizzou when my brain is thinking football

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING GBHACK, SXYSPTSWRTR

Geez lo freakin' peez ... I get in my poll early yesterday and I can't even get it right. I really should stop drinking on the weekends.

No. 21 should be the Dawgs of Georgia.
    (and that's too high, but it's all about the SEC).

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- New, Week 7, Oct. 15, 2007

Oct 15, 2007

By SLAPPY 4428
    SportsJournalists.com POLLMASTER

Three weeks ago, all was right with the college football world.
    The top of the pecking order was Southern Cal, LSU, Florida and Oklahoma, coach Fran hadn't been busted for shilling inside info for cash and the Boise State-Nevada game hadn't started yet.
    Today, we find ourselves in a land of confusion, boys and girls, the likes of which we haven't seen since -- well, Genesis and Land of Confusion.
    Among our top three, we have a team who's been there before, whose coach wears a sweater vest and his pants neatly folded -- which is pretty much the way his team plays in January.
    There's another team that is only playing in January if January is January Jones (kids, ask Stifler). And a third team that will play in January if it's part of their penance -- and even then they have to keep it a secret.
    Confused? Who isn't when it comes to Ohio State, South Florida and Boston College -- the win, place and show of this week's dog and pony show. (I thought of cock and bull story, but the Blue Bird of You Know is in 15th and the Ol' Ball Coach's Cocks are hanging out at seventh -- both of which makes me wonder what exactly is in this beer I'm drinking. But I digress).
    I know many of you turn to this poll for guidance, a touchstone or to compare with the other confused polls in existence. I'm here to help. Little hint: They are just as confused as all our voters are.
    So let me fill you and try to give you a quick primer on these three teams. But that's all. I can't begin to explain the rest of the poll. Kansas and Missouri ahead of Auburn; Kentucky over Southern Cal; sorry, but I'll wait another week when Eastern Michigan cracks the top 10.
    OHIO STATE (Preseason rank: 11): Yes, just when you thought the Buckeyes were safely headed to Tampa or Orlando on New Year's Day, along comes the rest of the top 10 to take a big ol' hairy dump on the living room carpet and the Buckeyes are in the driver's seat for the BCS BS NCS. Why? They haven't lost. Neither would your team if it played Akron, Kent State, Minnesota and Northwestern, but that's not the point. This week, the Buckeyes play Michigan State -- a team that either rolls over and plays dead for OSU or comes up with one big win it shouldn't, before it rolls over and plays dead for the rest of the Big Ten.
    BOSTON COLLEGE (Preseason rank: 26): The last time Jesuit U. legitimately mattered, Doug Flutie was knee-high to... ok, bad analogy. The last time BC mattered, Mike Ruth was taking all-natural supp.. huh? They weren't? It wasn't? He didn't? Well, how about the Beanpot? Can we talk about the Be... Hockey? Jumpin Jeebus! Has BC ever truly mattered in football? 1942? Well, they must have beaten someone of substance this year. Army? I see. UMass. Bowling Green. Notre Dame? Wow.
    SOUTH FLORIDA (Preseason rank: Yes. Yes it was): How rank? Try 33rd, behind of Nebraska and Michigan, but now the Bulls are ahead of Nebraska and Michigan, so take that pallie. People wonder a lot of things about USF. Things like "When did University of San Francisco get football?" or "Does Miami really need another college football team?" or "They beat Elon, Central Florida and Florida Atlantic and are ranked second?" or "How come the Wikipedia page doesn't tout football, but does mention Ann Coulter lecturing there in 2006?" One disaster at a time please. The Bulls are sneaky good and fill their stadium in Miami Orlando Tampa almost never. It's come a long way since starting football in 1997. There's a national sailing program, a trip to Birmingham for a bowl game and can claim Tony La Russa, and Gallagher as alumni. And if that doesn't say self-destructive genius, what does?

SportsJournalists.com COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL
    10/15/2007
    RK. TEAM (1st) PTS Last

1. Ohio State (19) 814 3
    2. South Florida (13) 811 4
    3. Boston College (1) 750 5
    4. LSU 728 1
    5. Oklahoma 701 6
    6. Kentucky 600 17
    7. South Carolina 584 7
    8. West Virginia 575 8
    9. California 574 2
    10. Oregon 564 10
    11. Arizona State (1) 520 16
    12. Southern Cal 483 9
    13. Virginia Tech 448 12
    14. Florida 422 13
    15. Kansas 396 20
    16. Hawaii 385 14
    17. Missouri 301 11
    18. Auburn 242 24
    19. Texas 201 21
    20. Cincinnati 160 15
    21. Georgia 157 23
    22. Tennessee 152 25
    23. Texas Tech 121 NR
    24. Michigan 97 NR
    25. Boise State 35 NR
    Tie. Virginia 35 NR
    Also receiving votes: Penn State 31; Illinois 28; Kansas State 25; Rutgers 21; Wisconsin 16; Wake Forest 16; Maryland 15; Colorado 10; Michigan State 6; Texas A&M 5; Georgia Tech 5; Wyoming 4; Connecticut 3; Navy 3; Florida State 2; Nebraska 2; Indiana 1; Alabama 1.

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll committee:
    Slappy4428 (chairman), Oz, The Good Doctor, Elliotte Friedman, Hockeybeat, Starman, Eagleboy, Hank Scorpio, Sportschick, Mystery Meat, Barsuk, WS, Della9250, Mayfly, Songbird, dparker85, Gutter, Buckweaver, sxysprtswrtr, Orville Redenbacher, spnited, Idaho, Amraeder, Joel Hammond, Precious Roy, HackWilson191, BYH, sxysprtswrtr, AgatePage, Piotr Rasputin, Rufino, Trooper Bari, OJ1414, Jesus_Muscatel. (MIA: GB-Hack; Withdrawn: Micropolitan Guy, Beanpole)

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING GBHACK, SXYSPTSWRTR

SC at 12 is retarded. that is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted