1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 7 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 10, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There's been a growing movement to bring it back, which seems to be gaining steam over time. Of course, losing your ass week after week allows the fanbase to look at other things that piss them off as well. It helps that BYU ditched its modern look for the traditional one about three years ago. If Pitt went back to the mustard and royal tomorrow I think an entie nation of Pitt that couldnt care less about Pitt would say, "well, its about time..."

2. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Didn't they recently have helmets at least had "PITT" on the side like this? Whatever happened to those?

[​IMG]

Do they still use this logo? I remember thinking - "WTF is that? Is that a bear? Bulldog?" I could have never told you it was a Panther.

[​IMG]

Bubbly writing Pitt helmets would be cool.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Glory days...
    [​IMG]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Preach on, my good man.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So what's the final going to be tonight, Hawaii 72, San Jose 68?!

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Normally San Jose likes to keep it to a half court game.

7. Songbird

I think San Jose wins, to be honest. Hawai'i doesn't play as well on the mainland.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know, they've already won at LaTech, UNLV and Idaho this season. Then again, I did pick Wake Forest to lose last night.

9. Songbird

And I picked 'em to win :D

Who's Kansas got, Oz?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Oh hell no. They've eliminated the dinocat abortion and "cleaned it up" with this. Now, this logo has been so well received that I'll give you $20 if you can find it on Pitt's athletic website. Even THEY want nothing to do with it.
    [​IMG]

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Baylor this week, KU is a 25.5-point favorite, which means Mangino is due for a fall here.

(Trying not to get my hopes up, I'm not used to this college football success thing.)

12. Songbird

Kansas wins, but expect a natural letdown early. I can see a 14-10 halftime game before the Rock Chalkers pull away late to something like 31-13. Kansas isn't good enough yet to be favored by 25.5. Vegas is going to clean up on the suckers who think Kansas is a superpower right now and will take those 25.5.

Or, Kansas IS that good and will win 48-3.

Draft saved Draft deleted