1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ovechkins vs. Rangers tonight.

2. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

So, is Bob Hartley gone by the end of the month? I thought the Thrashers would take a step back this season, but this is ridiculous, so far. :mad:

Ottawa lost 4 of their first 6 last year, so I guess there's hope. But still...blech.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Kesler is demanding Boulerice get 20 ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3059546&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Canucks center Ryan Kesler called for Philadelphia Flyers enforcer Jesse Boulerice to receive a 20-game suspension for crosschecking him in the head.

Boulerice faces an automatic review by NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell after he received a match penalty and game misconduct for the incident in the third period of Philadelphia's 8-2 victory in Vancouver on Wednesday night.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

At the very least, Boulerice should get 20.

The precedent was set with Simon and Downie.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Damien Cox has a better idea: fire Boulerice

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/2007/10/enough-already-.html

No one, outside of Boulerice and his $475,000 a year paycheque and maybe the Philly Flyers, could care in the slightest if this goon ever skated another NHL game.

So fire him, already.

The NHL should just say, don't bother reporting to work again. Tell us where to send the severance cheques. Let him shop his skills in Europe or somewhere else.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm sure the leafs would take a "joke" of a player theses days if he scored 50 goals

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or two players who can score 25 each. :)

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

How much have the Thrashers (0-4-0) stunk it up so far? They are one of two winless teams and the only one that doesn't have a point in the standings. And they've been outscored 17-4. The next fewest goals are five by Chicago and Boston, who have played one fewer game.

Atlanta fans don't support their teams anyway. If the Thrash doesn't turn things around, few fans are going to show up.

9. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

I know. The team was building up a lot of positive momentum after making the playoffs last season. But then couple the sweep with this season's poor start, and you're going to see a huge downturn in attendance if the team doesn't improve soon.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boulerice gets 25 games.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/266312

He's not even getting any support from the Flyers.

I think we're in agreement that there's no place in the game for this anymore," Holmgren said. "I do think it was an isolated incident. Jesse lost his composure, lost his cool. It's something that's not the right thing to do, at any time."

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Are the Flyers supporting Downie?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

25 ... now that's a message!

Draft saved Draft deleted