1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Season Premieres so far?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The premise of the show just doesnt appeal to me. ABC is chock full of those relationship, light-comedies. I'll watch Criminal Minds and grab a book. Nice sendoff for Mandy Patinkin. They had his character eating his gun.

2. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Grey's.

Period.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm watching it now. So far, so so very good.

4. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Hope your DVR/TiVo doesn't cut off -- it did on mine with about a minute remaining but luckily I was watching

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I missed a little bit of the "previously on Grey's" part.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Grey's was really, really good... I was beginning to hate it at the end of last season, but that was a damn good season premiere...

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That was a fan-fucking-tastic season premiere. I like how Karev seems to be emulating Sloan...fantastic premiere.

8. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Echo the really, really good. ... The Lexi Grey character was a pleasant surprise. And Izzie -- goes without saying.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The one misstep, I thought, is that they're breaking up George and Callie... I think the George-Izzie storyline won't work at all...

Everything else today was a home run...

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't know if they'll actually break up George and Callie unless you know something I don't. I think that it will be a lot like McDreamy and Addison. He won't have the balls to actually break it off anytime soon.

11. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Methinks the George-Izzie thing will be a season-long thing. Everytime George tells Izzie he's going to leave Callie, something will happen to keep him from pulling the trigger.

Plus, the writers have to think about Heigl's future since she's probably on her way to doing films full-time after another season or 2.

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Callie already dropping hints about getting knocked up.
    You KNOW this will happen.
    Thought the Lexie character did a total 180, 50 minutes into the show.
    Most of the time she was more obsessed with running into her half-sister than paying attention to her first day as an intern. Y'know, time and place, all that.
    Nobody that ditzy gets that far into med school, do they? Oh, wait.

Then, she suddenly turns wise old sage on George. Suddenly, she's awesome.

Good premiere, although a few holes in the writing. Suddenly doctors like Meredith and Christina are actually giving a shit about their patients' personal lives, when before all they gave a shit about was their own life. A 17-day vacation can't create that much of a personality change, can it?

Missed Ugly Betty. Thought Big Shots was pretty good.

I thought Vartan was dreamy in "Never been kissed." Might have been the story premise or something. Never watched Alias. Unsure of his quality of acting skills at this point. Dylan McDermott looks better each and every year.

Looks like Thursday night's gonna be a keeper.

Heigl better be careful to jump ship too soon. She's a dime a dozen and one movie hit (more about the movie than she, I fear) has waylaid many a TV actor along the way. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted