1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

I'm not going to go predicting the whole season, but I think this could be a breakout year for Florida. They played really well down the stretch last season, have a top-flight talent in Jokinen and have a goalie in Vokoun who can win games. They're also loaded with young talent on both offense and defense; I think they make the playoffs this season.

If I had to guess right now, I think my Thrashers miss the postseason. Didn't do enough in the offseason to plug up some holes, even if Kozlov coming back is a huge plus. If Atlanta's going to make it again, Lehtonen has to play much better in net.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But there are those who realize goalkeepers and their pads have gotten bigger over the years. Is three inches each way really that big of a deal?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It is when you have trained all your life on your angles.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I notice the Devils are left out here.

Don't count them out.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have the Devils as a playoff team.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Big-time relief for me: Dish Network finally reached a deal with the NHL to offer Center Ice.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good. Thing is, won't FSN South continue to offer quite a few Whalercanes games? Not all, of course, but FSN South has done a nice job of bringing the Whalercanes post-lockout.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm not in the Hurricanes' territory so if I didn't get Center Ice, I'd only see a few Canes games all season.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

but not as Stanley Cup Champions... :)

11. Flash

Flash Guest

And there are those who remember that they've already placed limitations on the size of goalie gear.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why should there be limitations on the pads? Wasn't the sport better when Garth Snow wore pads the size of a brick wall?

Draft saved Draft deleted