1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY! SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POST-BOWL POLL -- PAGE 48

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 22, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW RESULTS -- WEEK 3 -- PAGE 12

I don't understand how anyone can rank West Virginia so high when their opponents to date have notched a lovely 4-11 record. I'd put them down with the other teams that haven't lost but haven't played anyone yet. They might be better, but they haven't proven it yet.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING SXYSPRTSWRTR with your picks!

Rivals.com has a list of the college football teams he ranks 1-120. It's not the SportsJournalists.com poll, but it's cool to see 1-120 and laugh at the fact that one school that's pretty close to where I live actually cracked the top 100.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=718162

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- PAGING SXYSPRTSWRTR with your picks!

And no, there are no I-AA teams among the 120 listed.

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

That Rivals list has Louisville all the way down at 74. Louisville hasn't looked good at all, but I don't think they're that bad.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- Week 4 Poll 9/24/07

WEEK 4 -- Sept. 24, 2007

By SLAPPY 4428
    SportsJournalists.com POLLMEISTER

Things I found really cool this week while trying to get real work done...

--- Had one blogger write and tell me he was going to put the poll on his newspapers website, which I thought was pretty cool. He also told me that he would have used the story too, but I used "boobies," "hell," and "he the she it" and his newspaper wouldn't have allowed it.

So I won't do that anymore.

--- Bet he won't like describing the mascot of the team in 32nd as the "Blue Bird of Cocksuckery" either.

--- It sucks watching an over-rated team fall hard; losing to a lesser opponent and losing all your poll votes overnight. Here's to you Wofford!

--- I vowed I wouldn't write about Alabama this week, but this one is too good.

An Alabama fan drunk-dialed an Tide assistant coach and chewed him out late Saturday night after of the loss to Georgia. It seems the drunk dialer lost a significant piece of coin while betting on the Tide.

When Nick Saban found out, he was furious. In the future, no incoming calls will be allowed after a Bama loss within the 205 area code. Unless it's by him. And since he has no time for phone calls... you get the idea.

--- Has the Purdue-Minnesota game ended yet?

--- Flavors of the Day: Sweet -- Arizona State, Kentucky and Missouri; Sour -- Louisville, Texas A&M and Nebraska.

--- The good news is Notre Dame's offense finally scored. The bad news is it still averages 3.5 points per game.

--- Nice job by the Washington State defense. Talk about taking it up the Wazzu.

--- Has anyone sent Dennis Franchione a box of Depends yet? Last time I saw adults lay those kind of turds in public, we put my grandmother in a home.

RK TEAM PTS. LAST

1. Southern Cal (24) 860 1
    2. LSU (6) 840 2
    3. Florida (3) 777 3
    4. Oklahoma (1) 765 4
    5. West Va. (1) 744 5
    6. California 691 6
    7. Texas 636 8
    8. Ohio St. 620 7
    9. Wisconsin 575 9
    10. Rutgers 539 11
    11. Oregon 536 12
    12. Boston College 475 13
    13. Clemson 437 15
    14. Kentucky 346 23
    15. South Florida 340 21
    16. Georgia 296 22
    17. South Carolina 288 14
    18. Hawaii 277 18
    19. Virginia Tech 268 16
    20. Missouri 200 NR
    21. Penn State 188 10
    22. Arizona State 126 NR
    23. Nebraska 95 24
    24. Alabama 91 17
    tie. Cincinnati 91 NR

Also receiving votes: UCLA 59; Michigan State 50; Purdue 45; Miami (FL) 25, Michigan 21; Boise State 14; Kansas 14; TCU 14; Georgia Tech 9; Arkansas 7; Florida State 7; Louisville 5; Texas A&M 3; Central Florida 1.

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll committee: Slappy4428 (chairman), Oz, The Good Doctor, Elliotte Friedman, Hockeybeat, amraeder, Starman, Eagleboy, Hank Scorpio, Sportschick, Mystery Meat, Barsuk, WS, GB-Hack, Della9250, Mayfly, Songbird, dparker85, Gutter, Buckweaver, sxysprtswrtr, Orville Redenbacher, spnited, Idaho, Joel Hammond, Precious Roy, HackWilson191, BYH, AgatePage, Piotr Rasputin, Rufino, Trooper Bari, Micropolitan Guy, Beanpole, OJ1414, Jesus_Muscatel. NOTE: One submitted ballot challenged for objectivity based on performance. (MIA: sxysprtswrtr)

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW -- WEEK 4 -- 9/24/07 PAGE 16

Damn you, all of you who voted for Mizzou. Damn you all to hell. You've pretty much assured a loss to Nebraska. :'(

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW -- WEEK 4 -- 9/24/07 PAGE 16

:) :D ;D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wait ... Louisville loses and goes from not ranked to ranked? WTF are some of you smoking?

EDIT: Never mind, they were ranked last week. I still stand by my second question.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed... better?

10. Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW -- WEEK 4 -- 9/24/07 PAGE 16

Is that Alabama story a joke?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nebraska beats Ball State by 1 at home and they move up a spot?
    And why is Boise State suddenly getting votes again? The Broncos haven't played anyone good since their loss to Washington. So why are they being rewarded for beating crap?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They never stopped getting votes, because I've voted for them every week.

Draft saved Draft deleted