1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY! SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POST-BOWL POLL -- PAGE 48

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NOTE -- 3p.m ET Monday ballot deadline

Damn, SOMEONE is living on this thread. I think that post was up for something like 30 seconds.

I didn't want to start a fight and get this thread killed, so I thought better of the gratuitous childhood insult and deleted it immediately.

Others might live for the fights here; I don't.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NOTE -- 3p.m ET Monday ballot deadline

You done? Feel good to get that off your chest? Good, now let's move on.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i did ask my wife ... she said to tell tiny hello.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

A quick insight on my ballot — 1. Florida, 2. LSU, 3. Oklahoma, 4. Southern Cal, 5. West Virginia.

Top five stayed in same spots, as did Penn State (10) and Hawaii (23)

Biggest riser — South Carolina from 19 to 13; Biggest Fall — Georgia Tech from 18 to 25 and Va. Tech from 14 to 22 (Besides UCLA from 16 to out)
    Added to the top 25 — Alabama at 16, Oregon at 17, Kentucky at 21
    Dropped from the top 25 — TCU, Tennessee, UCLA

Other Notes: Louisville from 9 to 14; Rutgers from seven to 11 as Wisconsin, Texas, UCLA drop; South Florida from 25 to 20; Nebraska from 12 to 19; Arkansas down a spot to 18.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Made my first top-3 change this year: USC overtakes LSU at No. 2. Florida still No. 1.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Someone kick Hank Scorpio and OJ1414 in the ass please?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- Week 3

By SLAPPY 4428
    SportsJournalists.com POLLMEISTER

"OK, my son. Go ahead."
    Forgive me father for I have sinned. It's been -- hell, I have no idea how long it's been since my last confession.
    "Only I can say Hell in here."
    Sorry Father. But I’ve said a lot worse lately. And done a lot worse lately. I can't help it.
    See I'm in this poll for college football. A bunch of other guys and girls are in it and I'm trying to be my own person but it's so hard. I mean not hard in a demonstrably, proveably hard way. But difficult. You know, like watching "Notre Dame try to pass block kinda hard."
    "Notre Dame... I see"
    That's the problem. I see too. I mean, I really liked the way Michigan played and wanted to rank them but I couldn't.
    And then I look at my picks and see that I've ranked Kentucky? In football? A team with a coach so befuddled that he kicked the extra point up five against Louisville instead of going for two? And Louisville? Don't get me started on them!
    "It."
    What?
    "Louisville is an 'it,' Cardinals are a 'they'."
    Are you sure?
    "I know a little something about Cardinals. Go on."
    Anyway. I keep getting suckered in to these stupid picks in this poll. Last week, I took Tennessee and blammo -- they get beat at Florida by Urban Meyer. I take UCLA -- I mean. You See El Aye against Utah. Bunch a Mormons. Can't play football. Passive and meek, right? And You See El Aye falls faster than Brittney Spears boobies after childbirth. Wait. Can I say boobies?
    "Better to talk about hers than man boobies, I suppose. But you've confused the Amish with the Mormons. Amish are easy going."
    Damn skippy they are. Fighting Amish of Notre Dame my wide, white butt.
    "That's Irish, not Amish. Fighting Irish of Notre Dame."
    My ass. There's nothing fighting about that team. Maybe they need to make a deal with Satan.
    "Saban. Don’t you mean Nick Saban?"
    Satan. Saban. Tomato, toemato. That's what really frosts my nuggets, Father. I felt I had to put Alabama in the poll. I mean, the guy jumps ship quicker than Jeebus leaves the tomb. It was like watching Spartacus in Crimson instead of leather or Ben-Hur with elephants instead of horses. I tried to put it off as long as I could, but I gave in to the peer pressure and voted for them in the top 25.
    "Who 'them?'"
    Alabama. Sorry. What's the difference? He, the, she, it?
    "You said it, my son. He the she-it."

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll
    Sept. 17, 2007

RK. TEAM (1st) PTS LAST
    1. Southern Cal (26) 885 1
    2. LSU (6) 863 2
    3. Florida (3) 821 3
    4. Oklahoma 771 5
    5. West Va. (1) 763 4
    6. California 672 8
    7. Ohio St. 628 10
    8. Texas 619 6
    9. Wisconsin 618 7
    10. Penn State 583 11
    11. Rutgers 543 13
    12. Oregon 461 17
    13. Boston College 450 20
    14. South Carolina 370 18
    15. Clemson 352 19
    16. Alabama 263 NR
    17. Virginia Tech 259 22
    18. Hawaii 248 23
    19. Louisville 246 9
    20. Texas A&M 218 25
    21. South Florida 189 24
    22. Georgia 159 NR
    23. Kentucky 158 NR
    24. Nebraska 135 14
    25. Arkansas 100 16
    Also receiving votes: Georgia Tech 99; Missouri 60; Texas Tech 33; UCLA 29; Boise State 20; Arizona State 17; Utah 13; Cincinnati 12; Tennessee 9; Michigan State 8; Florida State 7; Kansas 7; Washington 3; Auburn 3; Purdue 3; Indiana 1; Central Florida 1.

SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll committee: Slappy4428 (chairman), Oz, The Good Doctor, Elliotte Friedman, Hockeybeat, amraeder, Starman, Eagleboy, Hank Scorpio, Sportschick, Mystery Meat, Barsuk, WS, GB-Hack, Della9250, Mayfly, Songbird, dparker85, Gutter, Buckweaver, sxysprtswrtr, Orville Redenbacher, spnited, Idaho, Joel Hammond, Precious Roy, HackWilson191, BYH, AgatePage, Piotr Rasputin, Rufino, Trooper Bari, Beanpole, OJ1818, Jesus_Muscatel, Hank Scorpio. (MIA: Huggy)

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW RESULTS -- WEEK 3 -- PAGE 12

OK, I know they beat UCLA (well, UCLA pretty much beat UCLA in that game, but that's another story) but how do the Utes get any votes? They're 1-2 with losses to the Beavers (the I-get-clobbered-by-Cincinnati-Beavers) and Air Force. 13 votes? 1 more than Cincinnati?

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW RESULTS -- WEEK 3 -- PAGE 12

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Kentucky bandwagon. I'm your driver, AgatePage (I figure since I was the only person to give them votes before this week that I have to lead the way).

By the way, there's free kool-aid in the back. Enjoy the ride, and the complimentary Andre Woodson for Heisman gear you'll find in your seats. The in-ride movie choices are "Glory Road" and Ashley Judd's greatest hit, "A Time To Kill."

However, I must warn you that this bus stops for no one; the only way off is to stagger away from the wreckage once we go over the cliff.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, that's not true. Someone else gave them a vote in the preseason, then abandoned them once it started.

12. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Deserter! Dead. To. Me.

Draft saved Draft deleted