1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caring coach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ARD, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ARD

ARD Member

Via Fark: http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/homepage/local_story_257020103.html

"coach involved in collision that leaves 7-year-old boy injured"

Key quote: When contacted by the Phoenix, Hennesy’s response was “I ought to be dealing with tomorrow night’s game — not this crap.”

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like how the police guy calls him 'Coach Hennessy.'

Fantastic.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Had the kid not broken his collarbone, there wouldn't be a story. The coach, though, should have stayed around and should have reported it to authorities. Poor judgment, though, isn't a crime.

4. Might not be a crime, but I wouldn't want him coaching my kid. I would have felt guilty even if it wasn't my fault and stayed with that kid all night long. Selfish prick.

Curious if it qualifies as hit and run or not, since he technically left the scene involving an injury before the police arrived. Doesn't sound like 'Coach Hennessy' has to worry about that, though.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Wow. What a prick.

6. It actually is a crime in this state to leave the scene of the accident if there is property damage or injury. The coach claims his car was damaged, and clearly the boy was injured.
    I'm predicting the coach is left go after this season, if not before.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

if he left the scene of an injury accident, he'd be speaking to the police in these parts. and just who is he to determine who was at fault? but legalities aside, if i'm the principal or superintendent for that school, i'm showing this prick the door immediately. what a fucking douchebag!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"You better knot mention that again, you fucking cocksucker." The Goat

Douche. Bag.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am expecting a big-time backpedal in his future.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Most likely that guy has always been an asshole. Now everyone knows it.

Draft saved Draft deleted