1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitter complete: Boston's Buchholz in second ML start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Umm, by the way, three no-hitters this season: Buehrle, Verlander and Buchholz.

Just for the record, Slick.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

With Joe West's "signal", who knew what the hell it was for a while.
    Umps better get it out of their bloated heads that people aren't there to see them.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Anyone know the record for most no-hitters in the majors in a season?

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I know how many no-hitters have been thrown this year. I just only remember you acting like a little bitch after two of them. Buehrle and this one. But why don't you take it to PMs so these nice people can actually have an adult conversation? Or are you not done throwing a temper tantrum because someone (incredibly politely) disagreed with you?

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Modern-day record is seven -- 1991.

Eight were thrown in 1884, but that was over three different leagues (one of which, the UA, isn't generally considered a "major league.")

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Pedro who?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I count seven in 1990, too: Langston-Witt, Johnson, Ryan, Stewart, Valenzuela, Steib, Mulholland.

Are combined no-hitters not counted?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd say it's more like Bronson who? He is wearing Arroyo's old No. 61.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

mike: They drafted this kid with a pick they received for Pedro leaving as a free agent.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't know that. It's only been two starts, but I'd say it's paying off early on, at least.

I just figured you were talking about the next in a line of aces of the franchise.

11. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Sure, PM me any time, Merty. It's fun dealing with punks like you.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

mike: It's all good. Tribe's Class AAA Buffalo team beat up on this kid a couple of weeks ago. Good for him, though. It was fun to watch the end of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted