1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Lloyd Carr Death Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 1, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Lloyd... go for extra points on two of the touchdowns and the damn game is tied. Instead, you go for two and what the hell happens?

Bo didn't shit his pants... he rose from the grave, choked the shit out of Lloyd, had another heart attack and disintegrated.

Thanks for ruining the college football season, Lloyd. Guess I'll ride out the baseball season and pick football back up in late October.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You're clear on the fact that App St. is ineligible for voting, right?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

That's like asking if Nancy Grace has gotten a little extra annoying.

It's Starman, dude.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I know, I know, just seems like he used to toss in a dash of light-hearted humor from time to time. Now, I really worry about his health.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I thought his faux headlines were pretty good...

6. Yes. I just meant hypothetically that A.S. would have to be a Top 15-caliber team to beat Michigan like that if Michigan was truly one of the 25 best.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If Lloyd goes for two, and makes the first, obviously doesnt go for the second. Or if he kicks first, then still, he would not need to go for the second.

Lastly, if they kicked both times, and they were up by three, then ASU would have pounded it from the five for a bigger lead instead of settling for the field goal.

In any event, had Michigan simply excecuted, and Brandon Minor doesnt fall over his own feet that wouldnt happen. Then again, why should the game have been within two points after the first quarter anyway.

The game was well out of hand, it should have never gone to the point where Lloyd had to decide whether to go for one or two.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And I really don't know if App. State is top 25 material.

Michigan may have what analysts have called "an explosive offense" but they turn it off and on when Lloyd Carr pleases. You can only be so explosive when TE'S are dropping passes and RB's are fumbling.

I think more offensively aggressive teams would end up taking the wind out of ASU'S sails early.

Hawaii, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Florida, Michigan State, USC, maybe even Cal wouldn't have a problem scoring drive after drive.

Even if we want to think about teams from '06:

USC, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, Boise State, Hawaii, Texas ANM, Michigan State, West Virginia, Lousville, and others would have scored at will.

I look at it this way, if ASU played in East Lansing today instead of UAB, they probably would have still scored 30-35 points, but they would have surrendered 40-50.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Just looked in the wrong place, is all:
    http://www.sackcarr.com/
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/firelloydcarr

Oh, and the t-shirts are already out...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Then Michigan is not Top 25 material -- not right now, anyway.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if it was mentioned already (I'm late to the party and haven't read this thread), but I LOVED how this game was on the Big Ten Network. As a B10 grad who liked my basketball on free tv, I really hate this network. With UM/AppSt, the network may never get a more compelling upset, but it was at the expense of one of its home teams. That has to be bad for business, which pleases me.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nothi
    Nothing can be worse than the leverage the BTN lost with the Michigan loss today. Which U of M fans are going to call and complain now?

also two little tidbits for you...

the last game in Michigan that wasnt available to all cable subscribers was on ESPNU. It was the game where Michigan barely beat Ball State

also this dude was single covering Manningham on the first play of Michigan's final drive which resulted in a throw away by Henne...

Jerome Touchstone DB 5-7 170

Manningham is 6-2.

Make your own opinion of how the game could have ended.

Draft saved Draft deleted