1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Lloyd Carr Death Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

That was entertaining.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Wisc's inability to put Wazzu away has kept me from getting too into it. But good to know there's some gems in there waiting.

3. I laughed at the last line, already looking ahead to basketball season.

I'm almost glad I went to a school that didn't have national championship hopes ever, not to mention every year ... some of these guys sound like they're going to commit Hari-Kiri.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As someone who was at the game, and has been to every michigan home game in the last five years I can tell you three things.

1. Michigan is poised for an 8-4 season.
    2. The AP Poll is meaningless.
    3. Appalachian State played better than any MAC team I have ever seen in the Big House.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Around the third quarter one of the students said
    "we're still going to win this one"

but really, like most of you said, its a no win situation.....

had U of M signed a quality opponent and gotten waxed, it still wouldnt have been that bad.

So where do they fall too?

Many people say out of the top 25, but I think near spot 20.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No excuses.... I agree.... No way you can win after two fumbles by a sophomore RB (more on that later), and two muffed returns. Oh yeah and two blocked kicks from a left-footed kicker, that would have hit the lineman's helmet if they weren't blocked.

Anyway, a big reason Michigan lost is underestimating their opponent.
    Here is where reserve RB Brandon Miner comes in. He had a lost fumble, maybe too if I remember correctly, at terrible times, plus he tripped on a two-point conversion. He saw a full-quarter of action when Hart went out with a sore muscle or something. They usually backup, Kevin Grady, has a screwed up acl, and is out for the season, and the only other legitimate backup, Carlos Brown, didn't play because of a broken hand.

Brown suited up, and it didnt look like he had a cast or anything but they didnt play him and they said he wouldnt, because they wanted to save him for Oregon.

No point in saving anyone for anything if you're going to lose the first game of the season.

7. Didn't see the game, but I heard Ball State didn't fare too badly last year ... and that wasn't the first game of the season.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Finally got through it, and anyone who hasn't checked it out, great stuff. The snide comments and "WHY WASN'T HE IN THERE FOR THE FULL GAME"s were great.

Add: Also like the calls for Appy to be the 12th Big Ten team.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The great thing about the freep blog is you can tell at the end of the game he was so stunned by the game that he stopped formatting his article with timestamps and stopped using spaces and full sentences.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

gee, a running game diary

now there's a fucking original idea. ::) ::)

When you're stealing ideas off the Sports Stooge, it's officially time to check yourself in to the assisted living facility.

11. No way. Who honestly looks at that team and goes, "They are one of the 25 best in the country."
    If that's the case, then Appy should be in the Top 15, because they totally outplayed Michigan in their own place.
    If Michigan doesn't fall out of the rankings, then the system is even more flawed than I thought.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Is it me, or has Starman gotten a little extra cranky lately?

Draft saved Draft deleted