1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Seconded. Incredible stuff.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I cried at the end of Fever Pitch because I wasted $20 on it.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

It's TV, I know, but 1 out of every 3 "Wonder Years" episodes seems to have something in it that tugs the dad or mom or teacher or high school sweetheart or first dog heartstrings, which brings on tears.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Saw one today: "Hardball" when Keanu Reeves speaks at the kids' funeral. And again when the kid's older brother puts the black armband on him.

Believe it or not, for me it's the final scene in "Delta Force," when the hostages are celebrating by the runway after being reunited with their loved ones, while Chuck Norris, Lee Marvin and the rest of the force are walking back toward their plane with the coffin of their fallen colleague.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Field of Dreams, like everyone else.

Ladder 49 when they go to tell the wife

Saving Private Ryan when they go to the mother's house.

Top 3 for sure.

6. The end of My Dog Skip

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the end of almost every cold case for the first coupla seasons.

and yes, i know cold case isn't a movie.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Weird, Tomas, I thought it would've been when you reached the end of a bottle of purple and gold string.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after a long night of crown, i'm always satisfied.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The scene where all those interview subjects start breaking down... plus the scene you depicted.... powerful stuff.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's already been mentioned and dammit, it gets dusty in here just thinking about it.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Got a little dusty in Children of Men when Kee emerged in the war zone with her baby and everyone just stopped fighting. That's the most powerful image in a powerful movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted