1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Virginia University football reporter, Morgantown, WV.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by giantjay25, Jul 30, 2007.

1. A former colleague is a finalist for this gig. They're flying him down this weekend to cover WV's fan day or something. If he gets the gig I'll let all of you know.

2. The WVU job may fill up,, however, the D-P may soon have another opening.

3. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

I've heard this multiple times, but can't put my finger on who is about to head out the door. The sports dept isn't that large.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

One thing's for sure: the party never stops at the No. 1 party school in the nation.

5. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

Damn right.

6. jerseyboss

jerseyboss New Member

A friend from Rutgers was offered this job over the weekend. I assume he's taking it.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Don't assume anything.

8. jerseyboss

jerseyboss New Member

Butch = right. Me = wrong.
    Any chance they're taking new applicants for this one now?

9. No.
    But they may have other postitions open up.
    Michael Cavazza? (sp) was hired as the Charleston Daily Mail's WVU guy - he'll continue to live in Mo'town.

There is also an opening, I believe, at the Clarksburg Exponent. One of their writers recently moved to the Daily Mail - an unadvertised hire in which the paper contacted a few candidates.
    That job is more prep centered.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In the interest of not becoming a random sacrifice to the j-biz godz, I'll put this out there: I ain't interested.

Just sayin'.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I believe Meat already has set the wheels in motion. Slowly but surely, he will be the only one left for the job.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The guy who turned it down is really freaking good. I don't think his reasons should scare anyone off. It just wasn't the best fit for him at this time, something that often doesn't become clear until well into the process. That doesn't mean it isn't an excellent gig for someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted