1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick press conference at 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, but when Oz said he missed "a zillion" flights, he made it seem as if he missed all of them on purpose.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ted Bundy was nice guy too.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Take the abortion red herring out of this discussion. You want to discuss abortion, go start a thread. It has nothing to do with Vick or what he did.

4. moral indignation about dog killing is to abortion, as what-the-fuck-does-that-have-to-do-with-anything is to trounced.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Hey stupid fuck, didn't I already say he should be in prison? Didn't I already say he should be suspended? Holy crap you're a dumb fuck.
    And the S.Carolina thing has nothing to do with this. I was going after one guy. Not all of you, just one. I know it's hard for you to understand that, so I suggest you read that line again just to make sure.

6. trounced

trounced Active Member

It has everything to do with it. He killed some dogs and is the worst person to ever walk the face of the earth, yet we have "health care professionals" who kill millions of babies every year and that's okay because it is legal.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hyperbole. Point is, he missed a flight. Because he went to Warrick Dunn's charity golf tournament earlier in the day, he didn't leave himself much room for error in making it from Florida to D.C.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Demanding they admit responsibility is bullshit too. This whole "apology" line of thinking is bullshit. The apology doesn't change anything, doesn't mean a hill of beans in a legal sense and is never, ever sincere. It only serves to give supporters something to point to in order to say their guy is a good person and he's "sorry". Fuck. That.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Again, this has nothing to do with this thread.

Please, go start a thread about dogfighting vs. abortion.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

This is pretty simple, really, and hardly worth a discussion. For most of us, if Vick did participate in backing dogfighting and in killing dogs in the manner described, he's a bad guy.

So, to change our minds, we need to be convinced that either:
    A. He didn't do it, or
    B. Killing dogs like that doesn't make you a bad guy.

As for abortion, off topic.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nice to know absolutist arguments are still being used here. ::)

Trounced, pay attention now: Just because something's LEGAL doesn't mean it's something we SUPPORT. Deer hunting is legal but I'm not a big fan of that. Abortion is legal, but that doesn't mean I could do it. Dog fighting is illegal. Plain and simple. Make it legal, that still won't change how I feel about it.

All your other arguments are crap if you boil it down to the above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.