1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yes. :p

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I actually fear for Amber's daughter at this point. She's clearly in no position to be a mother. She's a danger to herself. If she had broken her leg, they'd have taken her to the hospital. Because her problems are psychological, though, they've allowed her to stay on the show. You know, mental illness is a serious problem in this country. I wish people wouldn't treat it as though it's just a quirky personality trait. The reason people can't continue to watch her is that it's just pitiful. It's like watching someone pick at an infected open wound.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What mental illness are you saying she has?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

She's definitely in severe depression ... plus her speedy attachments to people and their influences have to indicate something.

5. ArnoldBabar

Actually, people with depression mostly don't cry. It's more like detachment and inability to function. I wouldn't rule out some sort of mental issues, but I think she's just sort of generally stupid and a wreck of a person.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

That was a rather inconsequential episode, especially considering the Jen/Dick fight ... although they may cover that tomorrow night.

And Arnold ... people with depression do cry.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think Amber is looney, don't get me wrong, but outside the house she could probably be as normal as apple pie. I'm sure the house and the company within does things to certain people, plus you know CBS isn't going to show any normal-Amber moments. They've got her cast as the house whackjob, so we'll never see anything but crying and pleading to God.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Love love LOVE how God was going to help her win the POV but then kicked her in the teeth and now she's questioning her faith a little bit ... good grief, the mighty foundations of her soul must be shivering.

9. ArnoldBabar

Apparently God isn't powerful enough to swing a POV competition. ::)

10. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

After the Amber and Jameka stuff, is it only a matter of time before some network has a reality show like Big Brother that features an entire group of people Amber and Jameka who have to lie and cheat and crap on each other for money while begging for God's help?

11. cgibby

cgibby New Member

For my sake, I'm hoping Jameka leaves. Jen is much more appealing to the eyes (what a body).
    Any chance of her and Jessica mugging down on an after hours episode? It's obvious Jess won't be giving it to Eric.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From the Showtime feeds, the rest of the house is refusing to talk to Jen because she doesn't appear to be playing the game anymore since she's eating regular food when she's supposed to be on slop... With the penalty nomination next week, I would definitely keep her around another week, but I'll be stunned if they don't vote her out...

She's probably on the verge of being kicked out so why not vote out Jameka instead?

Draft saved Draft deleted