1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palm Beach Dolphins pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by caesarsghost, Jul 31, 2007.

1. caesarsghost

caesarsghost Member

And you think I should want to be the type of person who IS embraced here?

No thanks.

Enjoy your Plain Dealer and PickleJuice cracks. They're hee-LAIR-eus.

Whether you like my tone or not, I provided a little -- yes, I admit a little -- information some people might find worthwhile. Of all the utter crap that gets posted on this site, me not giving you the names on the short list (even though you claim to already have them) is what upsets you?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Upsets me? Heck no...
    Just don't walk in here and expect us to behave to your standards.
    This place is what it is, and it's home.
    We run jokes into the ground more than a kamikaze pilot and you know what?
    It makes this place fun.

4. caesarsghost

caesarsghost Member

And please tell me what that has to do with the information I posted just now? You said it "means nothing."

Are you telling me that, on a sports journalism web site, you would rather I keep an update on a high-profile opening to myself? Perhaps if I mixed in a few old jokes you would have thought my information was much more worthy of a board that's breaking down a tournament for the hottest latina babe.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

You waltzed in here saying "OOOOOH, I KNOW BUT SINCE I DON'T LIKE THIS PLACE, I'M NOT SHARING!"
    You said I know WHO is on the list, but you never said, all you said were numbers.

6. caesarsghost

caesarsghost Member

And yet I still came on here and posted an update some may find interesting in a non-confrontational manner. And yet you still want to whine that it "means nothing." That's your problem, not mine.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

It's not whining, you said you would tell WHO, not how many, but punished us because we were bad.

8. caesarsghost

caesarsghost Member

Go back and read my original post. I NEVER said I would tell who. I suggested we have some fun and try to GUESS. At the onset, there was no guarantee I would ever learn who the candidates were until the replacement was named, so how could I tell everybody I would give names? But after the thread got derailed, I happened to learn who they were/are.

Now, you expect me to subject these people, who never asked to be put on this board, to a series of Plain-Dealer, Marty Gitlin, PickleJuice, Effin Stud, You're Hired jokes? They didn't and don't deserve that.

So if more people are interested in "You're hired" references than who actually gets this job or when it gets filled -- hey, folks, have you noticed this is the second straight year one of the most highly decorated papers in the country has been without a Dolphins beat writer for training camp? -- then have at it. I choose to come here to read about Sports Journalism issues and not page through scores of the same old jokes or discuss some girl's rack because, well, the name of the place is SportsJournalists.com.

I can see how the same people who still find the "You're hired" line funny might not be interested in high-profile job updates. I guarantee there's a correlation there.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Or, perhaps the people who are looking for "high-profile job updates" might be looking on the JOBS BOARD! Think there's a correlation there?

10. caesarsghost

caesarsghost Member

There certainly is, which is why I started this thread there only to have it moved here. Thanks for asking.

11. Must have been moved by a boll weevil.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What were your other updates.... the ocean is salty? Francisco Franco is still dead?

Draft saved Draft deleted