1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I don't think it was that bad of a move by Jen. Yes, she essentially gave up 250k, but what are the odds of her winning it anyway? If she doesn't get the POV, she knows she's probably pretty much gone, especially if Kail does and avoids getting axed. So even if she wins, she's still 250k above what she would have gotten otherwise.

This buys at least one more week of security for her. And in terms of what she gave up for the reward, I think it was a brilliant play. She can still be HOH and isn't on slop for the rest of the time. She's a lot smarter than she looks.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Jen also give up HOH for five weeks and get the slop for a month? I thought she was on the hook for all of those plus the $250k off her (potential) winnings. It really added up in that POV competition, which made it so brutal.

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I might be wrong, but I don't think so. Only the winners of each round had to follow their bid. She only bid four weeks of HOH and off the top of my head I think she wasn't the high bid on slop either.

4. WS

WS Member

I'm pretty sure Jen and Kail are on slop for 30 days

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Barf.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yep, Jen tied for the slop title with everyone who bid the max, so she has 30 days. She's damn lucky she fell in the middle on the HOH one, so she didn't get eliminated OR have to live up to her bid.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I applaud her strategy in the game. When it came to the HOH bid, she followed the strategy that Danielle took on the slop.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

uh, nasty

9. cgibby

cgibby New Member

10. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Who do you guys think will go home tonight? From what I've read on the live reports, a lot of waffling going on.
    I think it'll be a good episode tonight.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Man, I hope Eric stays so he and Dustin can lead the others to take out Dick and Dani. Also, I think it would be better TV if Eric stays. Dick and Dani will be pissed if he stays. Then, if Eric wins HOH tonight, imagine the fireworks.

BUT, I think it works in everyone's favor (except Dustin) to kick out Eric and keep Kail. Eric is clearly the smartest player in the house. Kail can't compete in the next 5 HOH contests. That's one less person the others have to worry about. As for Dustin, if Dick or Zach win HOH, he's the next to go - even before Jen and Kail.

12. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Good analysis, kokane.
    I think that Jameka & Jessica could also think that keeping Eric is in their favor -- he's not going to go after them, he'll go after Dick & Dani.

Draft saved Draft deleted