1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

quick NOLA help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Jul 25, 2007.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I want to take a day trip to New Orleans tomorrow but don't want to have to rent a car.

Is there mass transit from Louis Armstrong to the French Quarter?

I know there's bus and streetcar service there, but I can't quite get a clear picture if there is service all the way out to MSY.

Thanks!

2. It is a $25 cab ride. You can usually find someone to split the ride with, too.

3. JackS

JackS Member

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you're only going to be there for a day there is zero reason to rent a car in New Orleans. Cabbing back and forth to the airport is still considerably cheaper than the cheapest rental you can get. Especially when you factor in gas, parking, etc. Plus it's a massive pain in the ass to drive around there.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

thanks jack.

i finally found something, too, on the MSY site that isn't list on the NOLA CVB site. There's a bus line that goes straight downtown from the airport. That's helpful information, you would think.

And, A_QB, you'd be surprised how cheap I can rent a car with my airline discount.

6. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

The downtown bus from the airport will drop you within walking distance of the Quarter. But unless it's changed, it's a slow ride via surface streets instead of the freeway, so make sure you leave plenty of time to get there and back if that's your plan.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

thanks for the advice, lolly

Draft saved Draft deleted