1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man vs. Wild FRAUD!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 25, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

haha. Yeah, I spend my days watching the greatness that is C-span...:p

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously some of this stuff is "produced" as they say, but I still like the show. I doubt the snakes and other crap he eats in the wild think its fake. I've always wondered how he could be talking to the camera just minutes before he finds a road or some other such mark of civilization that marks the end of the show. It's still good.

3. cubs

cubs Member

I always found the show interesting but wondered just how many camera shots were taken of each scene. I remember one episode in particular that he slides down a steep hill into a creek. There are at least 6 different camera angles of him sliding down this hill.

Survivorman is much better do to its extreme reality.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

like DUH, hello?

Great points cubbie... anyone who watches that show realizes that hey, you think maybe there's a camera crew there?

Survivorman RULES.

I mean, dang, they show footage of him breaking down his own equipment and moving it, and then coming back.

That's the freaky part. Stroud will set up a camera shot of him walking away like a few hundred yards, and then you know he has to come back and get the camera.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The first time I watched Survivorman, I couldn't believe he did all that by himself. And the footage he got was great, too.

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

The show open does reveal he takes a camera crew with him, but that's pretty lame if he stayed in a hotel while pretending to be marooned on an island.

Say it ain't so, Bear!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the opening credits of Man vs. Wild, Bear's VO mentions a camera crew will be following him and filming, but not helping him survive. In the back of my mind, I always wondered if the crew slept out in the wild with him.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wow

Bear is available for weddings and Mitzvahs.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Survivor man has a back-up crew as well.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yep. To contact Baer for your next party, contact: WildonFraud@hotmail.com

11. greenthumb

greenthumb Member

Well, the hotel part is pretty lame, but I still like the show. Anyone who watches the shows regularly knows that he clearly isn't just "on his own". Sometimes the camera crew is shooting from below him, which means they already found a way down the cliff he is pondering how to descend from.

The show is supposed to show you what you can do if you are stuck alone in the wilderness with no supplies. It still does that pretty well, and it's entertaining. I'll keep watching.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Another Mimico boy. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted