1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cover the Nationals - Fredericksburg, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

my emailed resume and samples will likely end up in the trash bin, but at least I can say i did try for it....anybody know when they are going to start call backs?

2. The ad's gone after a week?

3. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

i'm sure the response for the job was pretty high... Maybe they've gotten a candidate pool they're satisfied with and pulled the ad so the resumes don't keep pouring in.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's do the Boots math: Says Gary Smith got his ass tanned on a daily basis on the preps beat in Philly decades ago. Says Norm McLean is a good, hard-working, helpful man.

Boots doesn't think Fredericksburg is a great paper. So by fucking God you can bet it's a great fucking newspaper.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm going to tend to agree with BYH on this one.

6. boots

boots New Member

We're not going to let a few asswipes lock this thread.
    I'm 3-for-3.
    Now, why not keep this about a great opportunity for a young aspiring journalist?

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I am in agreement with Sir Boots, here.

Given that it seems like whoever gets this gig will be working mostly home games, will the writer be allowed to cover the P-Nats at all?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hmmm. can you tell me who's the king of getting jobs threads locked?

9. Sportsgal25

Sportsgal25 New Member

Any news/updates (from Justin or otherwise) about this, since the posting's gone and I haven't heard back yet? (I kid, I kid. I wasn't expecting that much.)

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

YOU'RE HIRED!

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

No real updates yet - I had to dig my way out from under a mountain of applications just to type this.

12. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

I'm going to guess 150 applications. Am I high or low?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.