1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take care of yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny_Dangerously, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Re: Take care of yourself (LiveSTRONG)

According to my fifth-week weigh-in, I lost five pounds last week. 23 down, 92 to go!!!

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Re: Take care of yourself (LiveSTRONG)

Nice work, WV. Every step on the path is the path.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Good going WV. I am at 19 down and lots to go. I returned to the path after stopping to enjoy a roadside Italian deli or two. It has helped that I've been too sick to eat much the past three days. This was supposed to be a grinding workout week. Instead, I've spent a lot of time in bed, and that's where I'm going right now.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Good job to both of you.
    I am down 12 pounds as of yesterday. Played basketball for a solid 70 minutes today, then laid out at pool and swam a little.
    Just finished my new favorite food: a diced sweet potato baked in the oven with a basil romano vinegarette dressing over top. Comes out like very moist, very tasty french fries.

5. Re: Take care of yourself (LiveSTRONG)

Great job, AppGrad. Keep it up, pal.

6. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled to report that I lost 12 pounds since last September without actually dieting, according to a doctor's scale. If I compare my two docs' scales, I lost two of those 12 pounds in the past couple of weeks.

Walking is good. So is staying away from chocolate... at least as far as my waistline's concerned.

Too bad I bought the Tollhouse minis at the mall this afternoon. :-\

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm down about 10 pounds over the last few months too. I've cleaned up my diet some, going with more veggies, which for the most part I'm not a fan of. I also ride my bike up a few hills to the gym and work out harder there than I used to. Plus some dude in the locker room says the scale I was on is about 5 pounds heavy. That would mean I'm closer to 15-20 pounds down the last few months from what I was around last summer.

I can't say I was ever absurdly overweight or anything, but people have noticed, and when I wear XL shirts now, I just look like the baddest mofo around, instead of some overweight punk haha.

8. HeinekenMan

Bravo, Headbutt. I'm going to assume that my scale is off, too. If so, that would mean that I've lost 5 pounds this week!

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I did a really good weight workout today: barbell squats, bodyweight lunges, then I supersetted 1-arm dumbbell bench presses with 1-arm dumbbell rows. Finished with some crunches and back raises. It took about 15 minutes.
    You can get a pretty good workout in 15 minutes if you really push it.

10. Re: Take care of yourself (LiveSTRONG)

Unfortunately, I gained one pound this week. I'm not sure how because I didn't cheat. Oh, well. I'll try to do better next week.

11. HeinekenMan

WV, I didn't finish well myself. Let's double our efforts.

12. accguy

accguy Member

Just got done with two weeks off. Normally I've been riding my bike (a trek fx which is basically a flat-bar road back) about 30-40 miles a week. My goal for the two weeks off before football season was to put in 100 miles on the bike. Got it done without any problem.

Tonight I rode 16 miles exactly in 1:13. Burned about 900 calories in that span.

I've become a big fan of biking when it's nice because I don't get board like I do on a machine at the gym and it's a lot easier on my body than when I try to run.

I'm no Idaho, but I make an effort. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted