1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AP complaint thread?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 5, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If so, then let me start ...

The IOC decision on the 2014 Olympic Winter Games was an urgent at 6:25 p.m. CDT.
    A map of the site was made available at ... 11:15 p.m. CDT.

Thanks, guys.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow, a map of the site of an event that is seven fucking years away and half of the American public doesn't give a shit about!

Slow news day by you Henry?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that piece of shit AP. What a bunch of talentless fucks they are. They just can't get anything right, ever. ::) ::) ::) ::)

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cripe, news took both the Winter Olympics announcement and the Race For Indigestion at my place. Then again, slow news day ... they couldn't care less about the Olympics, but that the Russian locale got it hooked 'em.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why 3 hours Buck ... should be done in less than 2, especially when you know in advance that it's one of the three finalists for the up-coming and not to be missed 2014 Winter Games

Ya know, readers have to start making plans for their trip to Sochi soon.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

What's the AP? [/cross-thread reference]

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll take services my cheap paper cancelled for $1,000, Alex.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) Outing alert: Buckweaver is Rand McNally.

2) S-P obviously likes to plan well in advance. :D

3) Cadet, doesn't your newspaper know anything? Like news sources? ;D

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

Very clever.

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

A heads up:

In today's BBO-Bonds'Ball out of St. Louis: It's Todd McFarlane, not McFarland.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My first thought, of course, was that it proved Bonds was on the juice if his balls have shrunk to the point they'd be mistaken for a singlet.

My second thought: Wouldn't it be easier to catch cheats if steroid use made your balls bigger?

12. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

Anyone know what the heck takes so long with these short Arena Football capsules? The Philadelphia-Georgia game has been over for at least an hour, and we can't get 5 graphs? I mean I know it's Arena League, but on a slow night, we could use it. They move D-III football caps faster than this.

Draft saved Draft deleted