1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Dumb, but entertaining (possible mild spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenthumb, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

What did that buy? Two transformers?

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

I thought the movie was terrible.

No, I didn't expect to see King Lear, but I was certainly expecting to see something better than King Ralph. Too many humans, not enough robots and where the hell was the Transformers song? Plus the humor was stupid and the dialogue was worse than Attack of the Clones. Would it really be that hard to hire a script doctor?

One star, if only for the special effects.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

What the fuck is with people applauding a movie? That happened when I saw it, too. I just don't get it.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I can't explain it, but it just happened. Everyone in the theater did it. I've never done it before.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I can understand appreciating a movie, but it's not live. There's no one from Hollywood there. The projectionist is not going to put in a call to Spielberg and Bay telling them what happened.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

In 1987, that bought a shitload, from what I can remember.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I've applauded once at a movie, but the director was in house and it was a premiere. Your regular, run-of-the-mill movie on a Friday night. No way. Ever.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Who cares? Its just fun. I'm not embarassed.

9. Just back from it, and expectations were met.

I wasn't expecting an Academy-award winner, and there was an overall cheesy feel that annoyed me from time to time.

That said, I'm a total Transformers mark from childhood and just seeing it on the big screen was incredible. They definitely made the characters more 2007 than 1984, which I was fine with.

I thought my wife wouldn't enjoy it because of the lack of back story in the plot, but she actually enjoyed it more than I did.

I'm going to keep the 6-year-old boy away from it for now. It's too much for him I think, and I'd rather he learned about Transformers through the cartoon movie and TV cartoons than that. I mean, they basically condensed all the ill feelings between Megatron and Starscream to one line *** "Starscream, you've failed me again *** and I'm not sure how someone without a working knowledge could keep up.

I will see it again, and I'll be first in line for the sequel.

Oh, and Megan Fox ... how have I never seen that chick before?

10. I'll bet you'll be seeing a whole lot more of her in the future.
    And, of course, the more, the better.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I am seeing the flick on Monday. I am cautiously optimistic.

12. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

DEAR DEVIL WAS CRAP!!!!!

I actually enjoyed the Transformers movie after all. I saw Miami Vice the next day and could not watch it from beginning to the end.

I actually liked that the love story never became a very big part of the movie. Anthony Anderson was funny as a super hacker but Racheal Taylor as a really hot hacker did not fly.

But I would say this is one of the best Bay movies that I have ever seen.
    No this is not an Oscar movie but has any of Bay movies ever really been an Oscar movie except Pearl Harbor?

Draft saved Draft deleted