1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great line about Berman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 18, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

What's the pot up to for someone to pimp slap Berman? I'm still chipping in $100.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Heistand ripped him in USA Today as well.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

May you rest in peace, my friend.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We had more than $500 pledged, last I counted.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks snarky putdowns and assorted criticisms by pundits are going to sway ESPN's opinion of Berman, think again. He's the face of ESPN, for better or worse, and has been almost from the beginning. He's kept his nose publicly clean and to my recollect, never embarassed himself or the network the way Rather, Imus, or the legions of dolts who have slunk through Bristol, have. Deal with it.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We can deal with it Goal, we just have to like it. Hence the public fund to hire someone to skankslap Berman.

7. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

YWML is pretty embarrassing. What a fat fuck!

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i liked how he kept talking about the NFC Norris Division for about 10 years after the NHL renamed its divisions. if the NFC divisions hadn't been realigned a few years ago he'd still be using that reference.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Ty......a little advice, don't watch the HR derby this year.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Which is not to say that he doesn't embarrass them every time he's on TV. Just not in that way.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Kibbles, bits and body parts all over the place

12. WSKY

WSKY Member

It seems, in general, all these ESPN guys who got huge being silly are being thrown in the fire by the same morons that thought it was neat 10-15 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted