1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Jacobs carves up Pat Summitt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Jacobs should not have written anything like this unless he made several off-the-record calls to at least get a good idea what was going on.

2. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Better that than the WWL's da-da-da da-da-da. Oops, sorry. ;D

3. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Reads like he's friends with the UConn coach. BTW, shouldn't he be referring to the two parties at Summitt and Auriemma, not Pat and Geno? It pissed me off.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Why I oughta ...

You know, if you were being considerate you'd mention Bohemian Raphsody (or however the hell you spell it)

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not just to pick on this guy, but how about a moratorium on the big, bad boys telling the rest of us how they don't care about women's basketball? We get it. You're macho.

In other words, if you have a disdain for women's basketball ... this is a weird thread for you to be contributing to.

6. Hammer Pants

I'll defend women's basketball more times than I won't, but to be fair, that Lady Vols-Carolina Final Four game last year was pure nastiness. One of the ugliest games I've ever seen. The title game with UT and Rutgers wasn't much better. Those showcase games didn't do a lot to showcase a game with increasingly impressive athleticism and skill. People obsessed with Parker shouldn't be stunned when high schoolers like Maya Moore, Elena DellaDonne, Vicki Baugh, Glory Johnson and others come to college with similarly impressive games.

Kara Lawson — who was a bonafide star guard at Tennessee — said she's amazed every year she's still on a WNBA roster because of the games recent, dramatic upgrade in athleticism.

7. Hammer Pants

But it's certainly possible that the game will be uglier than ever for the next few years with all the added length on defense. Teams like Tennessee, North Carolina, Rutgers and LSU have a lot of length on defense and force UGLY games.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That made me laugh.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure... that might work better in Ohio...

10. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

I don't care much about this topic either, but that's really damn funny

11. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Ditto. This thread is heading off the track, so ... Who play Geno and Pat in the movie? Wish I knew how to post pictures because I've got some ideas.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can what he wrote actually be considered a contribution, shot?

Draft saved Draft deleted